cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import leave application from NWDI to NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to modify the ESS leave application. I want to define default value in "duration" field of ESS leave webdynpro application.

I have imported the ESS buisness package into NWDI... i was also able to import from NWDI into NWDS.

I have imported ess/lea by right clicking on it and then choosed "create project" option...

I want to ask whether is this the correct way or not..

After creating project in NWDS i went into webdynpro perspective i checked all the component, but i did not find the main view of leave request which i want to modify..

I checked in under application..it has leaverequest application.. but i need the view which i am not able to figure out exactly which one it is..

Is there any way we can find easily the view we require...?

Regards,

Jigar Oza .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your approch is very correct.

Are you checking right component. How many components is having the main DC.

If its having multiple compnents check one by one component of the view.

Rgds

-SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i was able to import application from NWDI to NWDS.. i made some changes in leave application in it and have also deployed it on portal...

Now i want to keep this modified application in my local system and i dont want to apply this changes back onto NWDI....because in future if client demands to revert back the changes which i hv done...i can reimport this same standard application and then deploy it on portal..

i also have one more queries related to this...what is the impact of choosing "Sync Souces and Syn DC" option..and also of "remove from client" option which i get from NWDI perspective.

Regards,

Jigar Oza

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

more information

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1.what is the impact of choosing "Sync Souces and Syn DC : It will sink your code with Inactive version of SLD code of the selected DC.

2.remove from client : If u choose this option it will remove that DC form your workspace (here u r the client )

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sathish,

But will the changes also be removed which i hv done in my application if i choose remove from client option..

Because i need to keep the modification which i hv done in my application....

also when choosing remove from client..it gives some popup saying " Some files have been edited/changed.

Look over your open activities."

Regards,

Jigar Oza

Edited by: jigar oza on Mar 12, 2009 5:49 PM

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Too many thing are involved to reflect changes in SLD

You can follow a simple workaround

1. Do what ever u want in your track (But with proper activity and its description also so that in future u will able to identify what is for what )

2. U can deploy the DC and check whether your changes is working or not.

Now

3.Stop all the activity (your activity not track ), and simply change the workspace.(and keep this safe with you)

4. You have applied all the changes and seen the result also , By changing the workspace u can continue with your work but not in same place but different .

5. In future if you/client want to make those changes should migrate , Here u simply open the that workspace in your NWDS NWDI will keep track of that , and will automatically ask for user id and password .once provided will able to work from there where u were left.

Only thing to take care : Dont do anything like checkin ,activate ,remove etc.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar