cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalization for ESS/MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have personalized few fields on the personal data (po-up) screen that comes up once the user clicks on the Affected Employee link under open processes table.

I have found that this is a WD-ABAP screen. I have personalized this from content admin and can see the desired changes.

I want to move these changes to Quality system but none of the below mentioned procedure reflected the changes made:

1. Transporting the parent iView (under which the pop-up comes up) from Dev to Quality.

2. Transporting the WD-ABAP iview from Dev to Quality.

Please suggest how do we transport these changes from Dev to Quality.

I have made some personalization on WD-JAVA iView and this seems to be working fine oncetransported

Please help.

Regards,

Murtuza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

As far as I know regarding Customising ESS iViews which are developed using WD-Java, it is necessary that you can only transport the changes from DEV to QA by using NWDI(Netweaver Development Infrastructure). I am sure that the changes cannot be reflected by simply the iView on the Content Administration of the Portal.

So, in the case of WD-ABAP, there might be similar tool as NWDI for WD-JAVA available on ECC. Even though I was not able to give you the exact solution, I hope this might give you some basic idea about it.

Regards,

PG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

This is not the code modification. This is kind of personalization feature that SAP has provided from Content Admin. NWDI comes into picture when there is some code modification. As mentioned in my previous reply, personalization is refected on Quality system for WD-Java iView. This problem is only for WD-ABAP iView.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any hint guys?

I just want to know where is the iView located in pcd that comes up while we click on the affected employee link in open processes table.

Regards,

Murtuza