SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird behavior in assigning requirement pattern (audit graduation)

l_molenaar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following setup:

On the SC i have filled infotype "Requirement Catalogs (1778)" with a Requirement Catalogs and Requirement Catalogs for audit type 1000. I've also marked it as a "Main catalog".

Requirement Catalogs: VAHO

Version: 2.0

Now in the IMG i have the following setting:

Student Lifecycle Management -> Processes in Student Lifecycle Management -> Audits -> Requirement Catalogs -> Define Structure of Version Sets

Set Version Default version

Audit 1.0 X

Audit 2.0

When i exicute the Audit via PIQAUD_MP_CP it is giving me an error:

No requirement pattern is assigned to requirement catalog VAHO, version 1.0, and audit type 1000.

When I change the default version to 2.0 it is working correctly.

This seems stange to me because on the SC I have said that the version 2.0 must be used.

Am I missing something, did i missunderstood something or is it just a little bug in SLcM?

Please help.

Thanks a lot

5 REPLIES 5

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Molenaar,

First you have to understand the usage of default version set. A version set comprises the versions that are used for the same requirement catalogs.

Since you have already marked Version 2.0 as must use in SC, it is overwriting your settings in IMG.

Hope it clears your doubts.

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Molenaar,

You are Specifying that the requirements defined in version u2018audit 1u2019 as your current requirements of your university by setting u2018 audit 1u2019 as the default version, where as you are trying to evaluate the requirements in u2018audit 2u2019 which are not your current requirements though you have specified them in your program of study. If your current requirements are in version u2018audit 2u2019, then set u2018audit 2 u2018as the default version.

Remember default version is always the basis for evaluating the requirements.

Regards,

Sravan

Edited by: Sravan on Mar 10, 2009 7:24 AM

Edited by: Sravan on Mar 10, 2009 7:26 AM

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for answering.

The problem is that for a few programs of study verion 1.0 is the current version and for a few other programs of study 2.0 is the default version of study. Therefore there is no real default version.

I would assume that if there is a version set on the SC the system would take that version. Instead of the version set as default in the IMG.

Now it is taking the default setting of the IMG which in my eyes is incorrect?

How can i set it so it will take the default version of the SC?

Please help

0 Kudos

Dear Molenaar,

You are right. It should overwrite the Version set of IMG wrt to Version set of SC. I checked it on system and found that one can have more then one default version sets, though i haven't verified it at SC or module booking level . Just map your settings accordingly.

OR

Please do some testing on Requirement Profile Template usage in this regard and let me know the results.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Hello Molenaar,

Normally versions are defined to set up requirements for an academic year. If your requirement is in such a way that you have different requirements to be fulfilled for different programs of study, then a different catalog need to be set up with the same default version bcoz it is for the same academic year you are running the audit.

Regards,

Sravan