cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I was just going through the Enterprise services available in SAP ERP system.

http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?sap-unique=115755&sap-param...

I am thinking of using the Std Enterprise services in SAP PI 7.0.

I have few questions and my understanding which I would like to clarify:-

1. In SAP ECC,In Sproxy tcode I am able to see local Enterprise services,Now How I can utilize this services in SAP PI.

As per my understanding,

1. I have to first Import that SWCV for Enterprise services in SAP PI.

2. I have to use that ES in ECC similar to Proxy.

Pls let me know how that ES of ECC will be utilized and used in PI.

Cheers,

chirag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chirag,

The services that are avaiable on Enterprise service workplace will already have there definition in ESR ( message interfaces...) and in the SAP backend the implementation of the same are already shipped.

you just need to go to SOA MANAGER ->webservice administatrion -> find that servcie and check if that service has binding -> if not create the binding manually

Then you have to publish using tcode wspublish( if it is std service like in this case this would have already been published)

Then u cna view this in WSNAVIGATOR tcode

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

We have SAP ECC(EHP4) and PI 7.1 systems. We need to do following things

1.Test the enterprise services which come with SAP ECC EHP4

2.How to bring these services on PI 7.1

I saw you got the same problem.Can you please post your solution.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Opening the thread again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got a good idea bout it...so closing the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

technically you do not need to import anything in pi to consume an Enterprise Service.

Enterprise Services are based on ESR definitions and are implemented in backends (like you do for proxy).

The point is that if you have a custom application that consume the service directly via WS on the backend, then it is not needed to import the definition in PI (tpz).

If instead you want to build a PI brokered scenario to consume the enterprise service, you have to import the tpz (it will automatically add the SCWV, namespaces and interfaces) and use one of the message interfaces for your scenario (for instance file to "enterprise service").

Like the proxy, the service is an abap implementation of the service interface defined in PI.

Hope it's clear.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick reply.

Let me have more clarity on my scenario.

I wanted to use the below ES which is present in ECC.

1. Sales Order Processing

process component

Software Component Version ESM ERP 604

Technical Name SalesOrderProcessing

Namespace http://sap.com/xi/ESM/ERP

Q. 1. Where can I get the ESM ERP 604 SWCV.

2. I understood that I need to import this SWCV in PI so that it will be visible in ECC sproxy tcode.

3. How can I view the message interfaces belong to this ES in PI. Do I need to import anything.

4. Which tpz fine u r referring to

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like XI content for EhP4 are still not available on marketplace, you can just find up to Ehp 3, following the answers to your questions

>> Q. 1. Where can I get the ESM ERP 604 SWCV.

Service marketplace>Downloads>Sap Support Packages>Entry by Application Group>SAP Application Components>SAP ERP ES>SAP ERP ES 2005.3-->XI CONTENT ESA ECC-SE 603

>>2. I understood that I need to import this SWCV in PI so that it will be visible in ECC sproxy tcode.

correct, SPROXY shows you data of SWCV available in ESR that match the System applications

>>3. How can I view the message interfaces belong to this ES in PI. Do I need to import anything.

yes, the XI content you downloaded at point one

>>4. Which tpz fine u r referring to

the XI content you downloaded at point one, are *.tpz to be imported in ESR

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciated ur prompt reply.

The XI content you downloaded at point one, are *.tpz to be imported in ESR

PI 7.0 dont have ESR only PI 7.1 has then where Do I need to import the .tpz file......

To conclude:-

Can we use the ES which is mentioned by me in my previous reply in Xi 3.0 /PI 7.0 or it will work with PI 7.1 only?

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

In PI 7.0 you import them in Integration Builder Repository (which is more ore less like ESR in 7.1).

As per [Note 836200 - SAP NetWeaver 7.0: Importing Process Integration Content|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/836200], you should be able to use them in 7.0 even if it might me that not all services are supported, because, for instance in PI 7.1 service interfaces (= message interfaces in PI 7.0) might have multiple [Operations|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50a1a52b-688c-2a10-bc91-8985e4a188a0] which are not available in 7.0.

For instance the service interface Manage Sales Order In has multiple operations.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will try and get back to u if i have any more questions.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I managed to import the services from Service market place in PI, But the SWCV is replicated in SPROXy tcode...I am able to view other SWCV except the ES SWCV.

Also the services which I was looking for is not available on Market place,do u know where exactly I can find the same.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

you do not see the SWCV in SPROXY because the corresponding SWCV is not installed in your system (it's ECC-SE 60<EhP number> ), you can check it from system->status->component version.

As far as I know ECC-SE 604 is not yet available.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked the status but not able to see the respective component. How can I install it on ECC system, the same file which is downloaded form market place will work?

Does my understanding correct with respect to the use of ES

1. Import the ES component in PI.

2. Install the ES component in ECC.

3. Use it in the similar manner of Proxy.

4. No need to write any program to get and update the data as this can be done using the std ES provided by SAP.

I think I have to go with the general method of IDOC,RFC or Proxy if ECC-SE 604 not yet available.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, the same file will not work, have a look in the marketplace (for instance for 603), you will see:

- the EhP: ESA ECC-SE 603

- XI Contents: XI CONTENT ESA ECC-SE 603 (the one you downloaded).

Yes, your understanding is correct, unfortunately it looks like 604 is not yet publicly available (as far as I know it's in end of Rumpup).

Kind Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergio,

I have few questions.

1. Do I need to download the ECC ES component from the link which you gave me and install it on ECC.

2. How can I do the end to end testing for any of the ES. I have identified the useful ES but I am not sure how to test it from ECC.

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

>1. Do I need to download the ECC ES component from the link which you gave me and install it on ECC.

yes you need, ask the basis for this

>2. How can I do the end to end testing for any of the ES. I have identified the useful ES but I am not sure how to test it from ECC.

You can test it from transaction SPROXY as well as from SOAMANAGER once you have defined the endpoint.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding second point. Can you please send any links or doc if u have or can u pls explain in detail how the process should be.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at the blog [Service Implementation in ABAP|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8038] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Sergio