cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML-IDoc to flat file (Release 4.0 and 3.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I implemented the guide "[How to Convert an IDoc-XML structure to a flat file and vice versa in XI 3.0|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/46759682-0401-0010-1791-bd1972bc0b8a]". Now I get a flat file, but it is IDoc-Version V3 (for Release 4.0). Is it possible to create another mapping which creates a Relase 3.0 IDoc instead as shown in transaction WE61 with version 2?

Best regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U can do that ..you just have to import the new release..

But if you are doing this for the test purpose then its ok...but do not use this ABAP mapping for realtime IDOC - file scenarios...there are std graphical functions available for the same

ABAP mapping is performance intensive and also it would be error prone as you will have to parse each and every source segment by custom code ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

thank you for your answers. But again, it's not about IDoc types!

Please go to transaction WE61 the last selection on the screen is version (1 for SAP Release 2.0, 2 for SAP Release 3.0 and 3 for SAP Relase 4.0). What the ABAP class from the guide creates is a V3 IDoc for SAP Release 4.0. If you choose the HTML view, you will see, that the versions are different, although the IDoc type is exactly the same. We create Version 3 and we need Version 2.

Best regards,

David

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do have the same issue, maybe you can post the Java Mapping in here ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We created a Java mapping and changed to offsets according to the V2 and V3 guides (transaction WE61).

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to your requirement first you need to import new version of IDOC into XI (IDX1 & IDX2 etc like old IDOC) and after that all configuration are same. According to new segment do mapping and FCC also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

where can I choose the version during the import process? I can choose between INVOIC01 and INVOIC02, but what I need is INVOIC01 V2 instead of INVOIC01 V3. It's not about different IDoc types, its about different Versions for SAP Relase 3.0 and 4.0 for the same IDoc-Type (INVOIC01).

Best regards,

David

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think Import high version idoc, low version idoc also will be work without fail. Why because high version idoc is extension of low version idoc.