cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to add the pcui_gpxssfpm and pcui_gpxssutils components to My Used DC,can you please tell the procedure how to add these dependencies.

Thnaks

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is pcui_gpxssfpm and pcui_gpxssutils the external jar or dc's from sap?

Tell me the version of NWDS ?

If external jar then follow this

About External Library DC in Development is just like a Java DC (except that you don't have sources or do not want to compile them): It's a simple building block that is used during build. Maybe it has a specific "API" subset (in which case you could publish different Jar files in compilation/assembly public parts) or it hasn't (in which case the jars in compilation/assembly public parts would be identical). Anyway, public parts are relevant for build.

To find this option (Tell me the version u r using of NWDS)

1.Create One External Library DC.

1.Select your External library Dc---Under library folder put your jar files ---now select a that jar and right click --under development component --here u will find two option Publish as file and publish as archive select that and define Public Part for both compilation as well as assembly.

2 Build this Dc (No need to compile )

3.Define the uses relation-ship with your WebDynpro Component.

4.Build both the dc again

5.Compile and run your Webdynpro Dc only.

6. In this way Run time will find the physical reference of the used dependency.

Hope it help you?

Best Regards'

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI satish those are dcs and i am using NWDS SP15.

Edited by: rahul raao on Mar 9, 2009 10:15 AM

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Take the help from following threads

1.[Use|;

2.[link|;

Best Regards

Satish kumar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

firstly you have to create EXternal Dc and put the jar file into LIB folder in external Dc

then create 2 public part of external Dc as a.default and assembly ..this thing will be setat time of creation of public part...of external DC library

now public part will be created in external dc...

then go to main Dc...then go to Dc meta datadcdefination and choose used Dc and right click add used DC--select your external Dc...go to public part of external Dc as default and assembly.as wellas..

tjhen you will get 4 check box in below..in case of default--use as built...in case of assembly used as BUILD TIme AND RUNTIME..then delpoy..

run you application..

Thanks

skumar

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I think you can get pcui_gpxssfpm and pcui_gpxssutils directly in my components if you copy them from the tracks (e.g. ESS track) at file system level into the path C:\Documents and Settings\krushna.ramisetti\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\sap.com .

Regards,

Siva

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I don't think you will get pcui_gpxssfpm and pcui_gpxssutils directly in mycomponents. Those DCs are available in SC sap.com_SAPPCUI_GP_1 in ESS track. If you want to use them you need to create the project in either ESS track or you need to make them available in your local development track.Ask your basis team to create an SC with Dcs pcui_gpxssfpm and pcui_gpxssutils and you can use them in your local DCs

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below link. It clearly explains how to add DC dependencies.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b1/d1e4f7c633fb47ac8b115087d5f2b6/content.htm

Thanks,

Prasanthi.

Edited by: prasanthi reddy on Mar 9, 2009 10:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

to add dependent dc's follow the steps below :

1)add the dependent dc name in used dc's.

2)go to properties > library refernec->add--> the ear file of the dependent dc which is deployed on the server

3)build and deploy.

Hope the procedure helps.