cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM error......can I do a manual upgrade?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We have installed SAP PI 7.1 on an iSeries server. The installation was fine but we cannot get the JSPM to work correctly. The error in question is:

The execution ended in error (BTW: I have posted this error to 2 other forum discussions....no reply yet....)

Cannot initialize application data.

Could not detect operating system.

Cannot determine OS version from command uname.

I have a customer message open with SAP on this but the irritating thing is they say we must upgrade our JSPM to the latest version before they will look further BUT you need the JSPM to be able to upgrade itself and our JSPM will not start properly!

Here are the version details:

JDK version........: 1.5.0 IBM Corporation

JSPM version.......: 7.10.4.0.2.4.9

System release.....: 710

ABAP stack present.: true

Can someone please advise me how to upgrade the JSPM to the latest version manually? I cannot do it through the JSPM itself......can I not just unpack the latest JAR files or something over the current files?

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Lynton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynton,

>I have a customer message open with SAP on this but the irritating thing is they say we must upgrade our JSPM to the latest version before they will look further BUT you need the JSPM to be able to upgrade itself and our JSPM will not start properly!

Then you should tell Customer Support this in your message and have them provide you instructions.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can do that thru SDM. download the latest version from Service market place and deploy JSPM component thru SDM.

Hope this info helps.

with regards,

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

But we are running JSPM 7.1 and their is no SDM anymore with this version? Must I download SDM from somewhere and run them both on the SAP PI server?

Thanks for the help

Lynton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lynton,

This seems to be the known problem. Please make the changes to xml file as suggested by note and then try to open JSPM.

[https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1037648]

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I have seen that note before, but unfortunately the JSPM is failing even before that point. The error occurs when trying to determine the OS type from the command uname.

Cannot determine OS version from command uname.

We assume this boils down to a code page issue when the JSPM is running....

Any other advise from you? I really appreciate the help

Lynton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lynton,

I have found attached note explaining all possible errors with JSPM. Hope one of the note attached inside this note will help you.

Also, check you environment variables as per the installation guide.

[https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=891983]

hope this helps.

Manoj chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have seen that note, pretty cool one....

BTW: I am begining to think it is actually the OSpatterns.xml config file that is messing everything up.

We are running an iSeries (64 bit Power Processor).....so I have added "PowerPC" to the os.arch in the OSpatterns.xml file and will try again.....

<!-- OS/400 with IBMJVM -->

<StringArray>

<StringValue>OS/400</StringValue>

<StringValue>*PowerPC*</StringValue>

<StringValue>OS400</StringValue>

<StringValue>AS400</StringValue>

<StringValue>64</StringValue>

</StringArray>

<!-- OS/400 with SAPJVM -->

<StringArray>

<StringValue>OS400</StringValue>

<StringValue> PowerPC </StringValue>