SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic define academic scale in booking process

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want the system automatically define the academic scale setting in evaluation infotype of module (1710) in booking process.

And I found this information from IHE103.

u201CWhen you enter a grade for module appraisal, the scale which defines the format of the grade is taken from the scale defined in the booking relationship or it is inherited from the Evaluation infotype (1710) of the module or program of study:

u2022Starting from the program of study (SC) and following to the module (SM).u201D

I think it is possible to solve this requirement by using standard configuration. Could anyone suggest me how to config the IMG to support this requirement ?

Thank you in advance.

VC.

7 REPLIES 7

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cha,

Could you elaborate bit more as what exactly you want your system to do.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

I want the system define difference academic scale in difference module in module booking process (Student file >> program content).

For example : Booking 2 modules to a student

SM101 Academic scale is A/F

SM102 Academic scale is P/F

Note: A/F has maintain for SM 101 in Evaluation infotype (1710) , P/F has maintain for SM 102 in Evaluation infotype (1710)

VC.

0 Kudos

Dear Cha,

I believe SAP doesnu2019t offer dynamic selection of scales at module booking level.

It can be achieved by creating different appraisals for different modules. As you know Appraisals are assigned at module level, and scales are assigned to appraisal types.

Hope it will solve your issue.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello cha,

If the academic scales are defined at module level i.e., in module evaluation infotype, the same scales will be inherited to the module booking and appraisal. We also have the provision to define a different scale in module booking, in such a case, this will be used in appraisal.

If no scales are maintained at all in module 'evaluation' infotype and during module booking, the scales defined in img activity ' define standard scales ' will be used.

If your requirement is to use only the scales defined in module ' evaluation ' infotype, then u can leave the 'scale ID' field blank during module booking process, then the scale ID defined at module level will be inherited though not displayed in booking dialog.

Hope it clears

Regards,

Sravan

Edited by: Sravan on Mar 10, 2009 8:56 AM

0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

But in my case I already maintain both academic scale in module level (Evaluation infotype) and IMG config u201Cdefine standard scaleu201D. I really want u201Cprogram contentu201D program define academic scale maintain in module level (Evaluation infotype). Currently it still define academic scale from config in IMG u201Cdefine standard scaleu201D.

Please suggest me.

VC.

0 Kudos

Dear Cha,

Maintain the relationship 'B500' for the module to the program of study. Also see that there is no standard scale defined for module in IMG.

Then, the scale ID defined in the program of study will be inherited to the appraisal and module booking though not displayed in booking dialog.

This will definately solve requirement.

pls check and revert

Regards,

Sravan

Edited by: Sravan on Mar 10, 2009 3:23 PM

Edited by: Sravan on Mar 12, 2009 6:21 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Vorad,

Could you pls check and close the thread.

Regards,

Sravan