cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document flow from R/3 to APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somebody help me understand how a document flow from R/3 to APO and get assigned to an ATP category.

E.g. When a Sales Order is generated in R/3, we activate IM in CIF. Then, where does it hit in APO and get a category assignment like BM or FC or other. If I later want to see the value of SO apart from liveCche or Planning book, which fact tables should I refer and what Tcodes are involved.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create or modify ATP category under the following menupath

spro > SAP SCM Implementation guide > APO > GATP > General settings > Maintain Category

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Senthil and Anuradha,

I still have doubt.

See, we have category types stock, requirement, receipt and forecast in APO.

Each category type is mapped to a MRP element and R/3 object But its description is editable in APO.

e.g. quotation has Cat BL has category type requirement, MRP element VB and R/3 object Sales Order

Similarly, Cat BM has category type requirement, MRP element VCB and R/3 object Sales Order

In my system BM is defined as Sales order and BL as Quotation respectively.

If I reverse this description category BM will have description Quotation.

However, I donot want to change description. I want to use BM category to read quotation which will happen only when I do changes in background. Right?

My issue is I donot know this background and where should I change it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This category gets assigned from within R/3 itself.

Also, once the SO arrives in APO, you see it using transaction /sapapo/rrp3 for a particular material and location. There are no specific fact tables like R/3 where you can see these SO's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For updation of any object from R/3 to APO, an integration model is a pre-requisite. This will be generated through Core interface(CIF). CIF binds the master data and transactional data objects from R/3 and APO. Both APO & R/3 talks to each other via CIF. Later on, any changes in any one of the system will be communicated through change pointers. ie As and when any change is done in any system, an equivalent change pointer gets created.

This change pointer moves to the other end and gets updated. A Logical Unit of Work(LuW) gets created which carries this change via queues. Upon successful updation of queues, the ATP category gets generated. The updation can be made periodical or online based on our customised settings. If it is periodical, all change pointers will be collected and transferred after a certain defined interval of time.

When a sales order is generated in R/3, the change pointer gets updated into APO and once after updation, the sales order will be visible in APO. You can view the sales order in product view(/n/sapapo/rrp3 transaction code). This t-code is very similar to md04 in R/3.

Hope it is clear. Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP. I just had a 2 months training on SAP BW. Now i have been assigned to APO. Could you please help me in understanding the "flow of data from R/3 to APO".

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Roopa

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

If current thread doesn't answer your query, then as per SCN rules of engagement you need to create seperate discussion,

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-19331

Pre requisite is you do a basic research beforehand (you can refer to existing SCN discussions, if your question is answered by any of them), best way is to do a google search for that.

Rgds

Sourabh