cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer Intro

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

I downloaded visual composer. I have EP6.0 on a solaris machine. What I want to know is how to set up the visual composer on a Windows machine to use the EP. Is it possible?.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx a lot. I have managed to have VC up and running and connecting to EP6.0 on a solaris box. The problem I have is using the system alias of the EP. The alias can appear and I have user mapped it correctly. In EP I can connect to back-end but in VC6.0 using the same user it is giving me an error - "Failed to connect to backend system,Check you system definition or user settings". This is when I searching for a BAPI on the system alias. The user I am Using is mapped to the R/3 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

follow the following steps :

You will need to define those back-end systems in the portal.

For e.g., After you define JDBC and R3 systems in the portal - it will be visible in VC.

To define a system:

1. Create a new system; define all its properties

2. Create a default system alias.

3. Create a user mapping (from the user you use in VC) to the system alias, using the user\password to the backend system.

4. TEST the connection in the portal. If the test succeeds, it should be visible in VC discovery panel.

VC retrieves the systems via the portal.

You have to define the systems or use the defined systems in the portal you are connected.

To define systems in the portal:

System Administration => system configuration => system landscape:

in the PCD: right click on a folder and Add new system.

Then you have to define all the mandatory properties: Connector / Was / User management ...

don’t forget to map your portal user with an R3 user...

also don't forget to give the user the access to the alias.

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

Deepa. can u walk me through how to set up WAS