Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blanket Mitigation Controls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are on 5.3 version of RAR,

I am creating a blanket Mitigation control to Mitigate a risk id against one role. when I run the Risk Analysis report the I found that , the risk id is mitigated for all the roles. For e.g.

The user has roles three roles A,B andC. The SOD Risk Id " R" is coming from all the three roles. I create Control M to Mitigate Risk id " R" only against Role A.

When I run the Risk analysis report the risk is mitigated for all the three roles whereas I am expecting it should be mitigated only for Role A and For Role B and C it should still show as unmitigated risk.

Is there there anything else I need to do??

Parveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parveen,

Put * only after 7 Risk character of Risk Id and not after 4 char.

This will solve issue you are facing

Regards,

Surpreet

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

As mentioned by Alpesh,if you want to mitigate a particular role then select that role and mititgate it. The whole purpose of blanket mitigation is to mitigate all roles against a risk at one time and avoid mitigating one role at a time.

Regards

Harleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Don't put '' after the risk when you are creating mitigationg control. If you put '' after risk ID, it creates a blanket mitigating control. When you create mitigating control for particular risk, you will have to select the particular role and mitigate it.

Regards,

Alpesh