cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete first element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my scenario FILE --> JDBC I have my first line in my file (CSV like) which is the title of my data. I would like to escape it in my mapping.

How can I do it ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

U can skip the first line by specifying the Document offset in the content conversion tab

Under Document Offset, specify the number of lines that are to be ignored at the beginning of the document.

This enables you to skip comment lines or column names during processing. If you do not make an entry, the default value is zero lines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works

Thanks guys.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi joseph,

if i understood right you just dont want to pass the title field value to the target structure... is that right(if not could you be more specific of the CSV file structure details)... if it is so then....

as this is File sender and JDBC receiver.... you don't have to map a field(comming from source) in your mapping to the target field..... then the value from source will not be passed on to the target.... this can be one solutions....

check this out,

Regards,

JP

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if your requirement is not to use the values in the first element of a specific node use the following logic;

Lets say the node is A, then

A -> *INDEX* ------------ 
                    *NOT* -----    *EQUALSS*   | ------------- DO what ever logic
*(Constant)*     1  ------

in the above when the index function is used and is checked with a constant 1, then the value of the first element is captured .. base what ever logic you want after that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Donot map the element to the target structure.

rgds

srini

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Under Document Offset, specify the number of lines that are to be ignored at the beginning of the document.

This enables you to skip comment lines or column names during processing. If you do not make an entry, the default value is zero lines.

Rgds

joel