cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorisation based on WBS levels in CJ30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario in which the T code CJ30 is accessed by two persons i.e. person 1 and 2. But i want person 1 to have a access to the level 2 WBS elements and person 2 to access all the WBS elements which are below level 2 i.e. For person 2 should see all fields greyed out for WBS element at level 2.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Can u tell me why u need this type of req.

Your senario sounds all person 1 and 2 should acess only.

Explain your process so it will be helpfull.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is as follow -

I have project Manager who is responsible for the project execution and he is the responsible person for all the WBS elements.

Now in our case the project is created by using Investment Management - PS integration ie. from Apropriation request. The budget from the AR sits at the Top level WBS element. Now Project Manager build the WBS structure below the main WBS element.

Now i have level 2 and below upto level 5 WBS elements. Now all level 2 WBS elements are like Stages in a project and Project managers carry out the cost planning at the gate level WBS element and we have confugured a workflow which gets triggered after this process and this workflow goes to finance for the budget to get release to the gate WBS element from the top level WBS element. We are planning to get it done by Finance in T code CJ30.

Once Finance approves the budget, project manager will be intimated and project manager should not be able to edit this budget amount. Now i want project Manager to only go and distribute the Budget from level 2 WBS elements to the WBS elements below it. This is done in CJ30 again. Hence i need to give access to him for T code CJ30.

Hence i want access to project manager for CJ30 T code but dont want him to change the budget at Level 2 WBS element but he should be able to change the budget values from level 3 WBS elements and below. Whereas Finace should have access to the Level 2 WBS elements and not below that.

I think now my question is very clear and hope for the answer.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...Rajesh,

Im not having sufficient knowledge on Investment Management - PS integration scenario.

So i request those who are having exposure on this IM.plz provide soln.

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Since as per you Person Responsible is same for all WBSE then only alternative I think is to make use of 'Project Type' . (Auth object: C_PRPS_ART)

You'll need to keep different project type like say 'Level 1' (to be used in L1 WBSE), 'Level 2' (to be used in L2 WBSE) and so on as required

===================================================================

LEVEL 2 WBSE:

Maintain Proj Type as 'Level 2' in the L2 WBSEs.

Allow this values of 'Proj Type' in Finance Role but limit the permitted activities to 03, 27 & 28

Allow this values of 'Proj Type' in Project Managers role but do not give him activity 27. You can give him 28 so that he can display the budget.

======================================================================

===================================================================

LEVEL 3 WBSE:

Maintain Proj Type as 'Level 3' in the L3 WBSEs.

Allow this values of 'Proj Type' in Finance Role but do not give activity 27. You can give 28 so that finance can display the budget.

Allow this values of 'Proj Type' in Project Managers role and allow activities to 27 & 28 for budgeting activities. You may allow other activities as required for both the roles.

======================================================================

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi.

Solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Happy for you.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Other way to achieve this authorization control is using exit in authorization. CNEX0002. Check WBS level (2) and activity (budget changes).

Detail of this you can find under IMG --- Project System --- Authorization Management --- Enhancement: create authorization checks.

Hope this helps.

Fadli

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use different values of 'Person Responsible' on each WBSE to control WBSE wise access.