cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning of HU & issuing only those loaded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone help me with the below mentioned scenario

I have assigned all Handling units to different outbound delivery. I now require to scan the HU from each of the Outbound delivery. After scanning, only those that are loaded need to be posted 'goods issue'. Can i get some help on this pls.

Also from the end-user point of view, if i split all (for eg 10 outbound deliveries), how do i recollect which outbound delivery i need to post goods issue.

Kindly give me your feedback. Would be very appreciative of it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under the following IMG segment:

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide

Logistics - General

Handling Unit Management

Basics

Define User Status Profile

You need to create a User Status Profile that has two stages:

The First that is Not Yet Loaded, and

The Second that is Loaded.

Then you define that only when the HU reaches the second status can it be PGI'd.

The User Status Profile is then assigned to the Packaging Material Type and is applicable to all HU's that are created using this Pack. Mat Type.

thanks,

A.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got what your saying. But currently i have several handling units in several deliveries to be loaded. Therefore i am trying to use VLSPS txx to scan the HU & split them acc to the truck space & then 'goods issue' only those loaded. As soon as it is split i want to post GI in the very same transaction of those HU that have only been loaded since they belong to a particular group type D. Any suggestion on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks WILSAQ.

I have come close to configuring what you suggested.

Would be glad if you can clarify one more point.

1. using VLSPS txn, i scan each HU one by one & when i simulate & view the list, i find that the HUs' that were scanned are highlighted in yellow. However the "loading status" check mark is not active. Can you help me figure this out.

I was under the impression that if the scanned HU are ticked as 'loaded' then using the user status profile suggested by you, i might be able to 'post goods issue' only for the the ones loaded.

But currently based on my system settings i am only able to split my del doc into two groups. One for the result & the other for the remainder.

Regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Are you using the SAP standard RF transaction for trailer loading?

When you scan an HU with this transaction it is then recognised as Loaded (system status) BUT unless you have your Loading User Status Set then you can still PGI.

Try this;

Create a User Status Profile - HUM-LOAD:

10 GI Cannot GI Until Loaded (Initial status - CHECK) 10 20

20 LD Loading Complete (Initial status - BLANK) 10 20

Then for Status Number 10 (GI) Select - Handling Unit:

Confirm Physical Existence (No influence - CHECK) (Set- CHECK)

Loading (Allowed - CHECK) (No action - CHECK)

Post Goods Issue (Disallowed - CHECK) (No action - CHECK)

And for Status Number 20 (LD) Select - Handling Unit:

Loading (No influence - CHECK) (Set - CHECK)

Post Goods Issue (Allowed - CHECK) (No action - CHECK)

And be sure to attach User Status Profile to the Pack Mat Type.

Then try picking and loading an HU and check the User Status ON THE ACTUAL HU to see if the User Status changes.

Hope that helps - Good Luck.

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using serial numbers you can make serial number scanning mandatory before PGI. This can be done at item category level or serial number profile level.