cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery without Sales order? If yes,how can we track those materials?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have some functional requirement.

While delivering the cool drinks to customers by the truck driver as per the ordered quantity,the truck driver carries some more cases extra (Say 10 cases of cool drinks) without any sales order by the customers.

How can we give the goods to truck driver without PGI?

As per my client requirement,while delivering the goods to customers, some customers may request some cases extra.The truck driver delivers 4 cases to X customer,3 cases to Y customer and remaining 3 cases returned to company .(out of total 10 cases, remaining are 3 cases not requested by any customers)

How can we see those material in the sap for the total 10 cases?

How can we configure this in the sap?Can we configure this creating delivery without reference to sales order using LO document type?

Thanks in advance,

Regards....VM

Edited by: vm on Mar 8, 2009 3:47 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For your scenario,

Truck driver delivers 4 cases to "X".

Truck driver delivers 3 cases to "Y".

Rest are returned.

I think you should do the setting for CONSIGNMENT SALES. you can also configure this scenario into Cash sales or even this scenario could be mapped into Rush order.

I believe you need to create a ORDER if you are following consignment process.The customer can access the goods in the consignment warehouse(Truck) at any time. They are only billed for the goods when they are removed from the warehouse(Truck) and only for the actual quantity taken.

For Cash Sales -

In the standard system, you can create sales document type BV which when saved for cash sales gives immediate delivery type BV.The system automatically proposes the current date as the date for delivery and billing. Once the order has been posted, a delivery with type BV is created immediately in the background and the system prints a document that is used as an invoice for the customer.

For Rush Order -

In the standard system, sales document type SO can be used and saved for rush orders with immediate delivery type LF. Once the goods have been removed from storage, the goods are picked, and goods issue is posted.

Try these and let me know if your are able to map your scenario successfully into the system.

Regards,

SARTHAK

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend

Option 1

This Van sales concept lies there already in SAP

You can search out in SAP library for the same

(I know Van sales concept lies already in SAP but i dont know the configuration part of it)

Even in day to day activities you find this CIGARETTES being supplied to small and small petty shops in cycle this way only

Option 2

You can create VAN as a separate storage location permenantly in SAP if this is a regular process and shift stocks from original storage location to this storage location using T code MB1B using movement type 311

When the truck driver comes in the evening with the details of sales and deliveries made you can make a sale order and delivery in one shot for those customers (order type similar to that of Cash sale) if those cuatomers are regular customers and if the van driver sells to new customers you can make a separate one time account group etc

Lot of basic settings needs to be done like storage location and plant assignment etc and Storage location determination etc

It is better to have a separate delivery type for such sales so that Storage location determination can be set as VAN for such sales in OVL3

Certainly possible

Option 3

Consignment process can also be used

But according to me this will be not very ideal way of doing it because it is slighyly lenthy and confusing way of handling the process

Hope these ideas are useful for you in achieving your requirement

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thank you very much for giving all available options.Could you please clarify some doubts regarding this ?

I studied Option 1.It is completly one more VAN SALES module to implement this.So it may not.

Coming to 2nd option,I configured and tested whatever you have guided.It will be more suits to us out of all three options.One seperate storage location is created.My question is before leaving stock from the plant and storage location,we need to do Post goods issue.So i created one delivery type(Copy of LO) for this without ref to sales order.If truck driver wants to take that material, we need to do post goods issue.Then all material documents will get updated.How can we stop this?could you please clarify?Am i going in the right way?Except this material documents updation,every thing is working fine.

Thanks and Regards...VM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vm

Thanks for the feed back

You have your original storage location and maintain your stocks in that only

Create truck as a different storage location and assign it to your plant

So under plant there will be 2 storage locations

So before the Truck takes leaves with the stocks whatever be the qty transfer post the stocks that is MB1B movment type 311 from the original storage location to truck storage location

When the Truck comes in the evening the balance stocks can be reposted to the original storage location using MB1B movment type 312

For the stocks issued from the truck you can create sales orders for those customer's name

So when the Truck sales is not happening the stocks in the Truck storage location will be Zero

As you know Storage location is an organizational unit when you transfer stocks you cant avoid material docs being created

But process will not get hinderance because of that

It can go absolutely smooth

Moreover this MB1B T code with this movemnt type There is no need og GI/GR as it is one step Transfer posting

Inimg-materials management--purchasing-purchase order-setup STO--Setup stock transfer between storage locations

In that Activate stock transfer between storage locations

You have to just put a tick mark for issueing storage location active

This tick only you have to make

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thank you very much for ur cooperation.

What u suggested is truck as storage location.But storage location cannot be moved to out side.We got struck there.

For that scenario , this is another way .Actually I didnot post in that thread.Instead of posting into that thread,i posted new one.We are thinking in a different angle that if employee becomes ship to party,then we can create a delivery note to him.

Thanks and Regards...VM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear VM

By creating the TRUCK as the storage location you can monitor the stocks at any point of time that means you have a control over your inventory

According to me moving storage location outside or not moving storage location doesnt matter at all

At the end of the day you want to have a control over your inventory in SAP

In that angle it might work

But you are the better judge of your business

So all the best

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Your reply

In-img-sd-basic functions-set up partner determination---set up partner determination for customer master

In that fouth activity on left hand side that is PARTNER FUNCTIONS

Here you can assign for partner function SH the partner type can be changed to PE(personnel no)Usually it will be KU ( customer )

But the implications of this i dont know

You need maintain many things like Employee master record etc

My Question is...

Tracking of the information,yes your suggestion will be help ful.I need some clarification.But how can you send without any delivery note to outside? There may be checking while transport then??

For you present reply,you are changing the standard partner type.By assigning PE in the partner fucntion,can we use the same employee as ship to party.Ie The employee should play a role of ship to party and employee.

If employee becomes a ship to party,then we can create a delivery note without ref sales order.So that it can be solved.

How can we send the goods without delivery note? or Is there any way to send like taking dummy type of delivery note?

Business has the requirement that extra material is given to truck driver.These are not placed by any customer.In case climatic conditions favours,customers may request the truck driver to deliver the goods on the spot without any sales order or delivery.So how this will be possible.This is actually wholesale distribution scenario.

Any ideas please??

Regards....VM

Edited by: vm on Mar 12, 2009 3:58 PM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello VM

Your process cannot be captutred in SAP as it is

That is why SAP has come out with VAN SALES. But you said that there is some difficulty for you to implement that

By creating Truck as STORAGE LOCATION you have a control over the inventory and happenings

You are going to Shift from one storage location to another storage location only thro Transfer posting

Suppose if the Truck leaves the factory premises today and returns after 3 days after effecting some deliveries These three days sales can be captured in SAP at the end of the third day only

For your QN of should there not be any delivery note as there will be some or might be some checking or checkpost checkings

For this qn neither i have an answer nor SAP

You should have some manual process to overcome this issue

The client must be doing this in some way already and that has to be followed

The transit times (FROM TODAY AND THE TRUCK RETURNING AFTER THREE DAYS) sales cant be captured in SAP and after the Truck comes back you can go ahead with sales order and (dummy delivery) in SAP if one time customer it can be cash sales (NOT EXACTLY CASH SALES SOMETHING SIMILAR TO THAT WITH ONE TIME ACCOUNT GROUP) or if regular customer can be with standard order

By creating Your empolyee as SH what best can happen in this scenario you have to work out and see

It sounds as good idea

Try it out

No other best or perfect soln strikes my mind

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Mar 12, 2009 10:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

By checking all the ways,We suggested normal way of doing which is in already in sap.

Instead of maintaining Seperate ship-to-party,maintained dummy customer.Then created sales order with forcasted materials and quantities(Say M1 material with 10 qty,M2 material with 20 qty).Done delivery.Now driver can carry the material to out side.

He will supply whomsoever customers needed from the dummy customer materials.Say for customer 1000,he supplied M1 material 5 qty and for another customer 1001 M2 material 4 qty.

When driver comes back to plant,warehouse clerk reveses all the delivery qty of M1-10 qty and M2-20 qty which was created for the dummy customer.Now actually he supplied 2 customers as mentioned above.

Then User will create a sales order for customer 1000 with material M1 of qty 5 and for customer 1001 with material M2 with qty of 4,then delivery.

This what we suggested....They are still thinking

Thanks and Regards....VM