Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production order settlement for valuated project stock

former_member229531
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i have a finished good X that is produced as part of VALUATED project stock (account assignment category Q). the material is produced via a production order which is assigned to the "stock" WBS element and the material is received into project stock via GR 101/Q

Question: Where does the production order for this material X settle to? To the WBS element or to MAT?

The SAP r3 help for valuated project stock seems to indicate that the production order should behave exactly as a make to stock scenario (r3 help>PS> material>project stock>valuated project stock) , which leads me to believe that it should settle to MAT.

However, during the various stages of processing of the production order (GI of raw materials and semi-finished materials, and subsequent order labor confirmation) the actual costs on the production order "roll" up into the WBS element in PS reporting. But, when the final GR 101 / Q is done, these "rolled" up actuals on the WBS element disappear, thereby reducing the actual cost on the WBS element by the amount equal to the total cost of the production order

So, it is a little confusing. Where does the production order need to settle to?

What is the business process when we are using production order settlement for valuated project stock?any help is appreciated..

Thanks,

Anusha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

Once GRN done for the finish goods into valuated project stock, you have to settle the productioin order cost variance to WBS Element which is assigned in the production order because the production order is a project specific order (make to order scenario).

While doing GRN for Finish goods into project stock with 101 Q against Production Order, check the accounting document against which GL Account (Inventory SFG Goods) Project Inventory is updating and make sure there should be one statistical cost element for the GL Account. Then the Production cost also updated as a statistical cost at WBS level and it will becomes real cost once Finished goods is issued to Network Activity against reservation number.

Hope this reply will help you.

Regards,

Hari Krishna.K

former_member229531
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

i'm new to ETO scenario and could you please explain me clearly with Accouting and controlling postings for Production order settlement for valuated project stock?

any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Anusha

Answers (0)