cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP* & ddic password locked in 000 client

Former Member

Hi All,

Accidently SAP* and DDIC user id's have been locked in 000 client ,we need to apply some patch through 000 client and we are unable to login.

I have seen a lot of fourms to unlock these id's from database level.We are running on Oracle 10g and SAP ECC 6.0.

Please give me the exact query and other things I need to perform to unlock these users.

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Prashant,

If you not find the parameter then create it.....and set it as login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 then perform the following steps:

1. stop/start the SAP system

2. logon with SAP* reset the password of DDIC

3. Login with DDIC and change the password.

4. change the Parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 1

5. Stop/Start the SAP system.

With Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Prashant

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

login to SQL:

_Unlocking SAP:_*

1.select mandt,bname from SAP<SCHEMAID>.USR02 where mandt=000 and bname ='SAP*';(just for checking)

->delete from SAP<SCHEMAID>.USR02 where mandt=000 and bname='SAP'; ( it will unlock the sap)

-> commit;

Unlocking DDIC:

2. select mandt,bname from SAP<SCHEMAID>.USR02 where mandt=000 and bname ='DDIC';

->  ->delete from SAP<SCHEMAID>.USR02 where mandt=000 and bname='DDIC*'; ( it will unlock the DDIC)

-> commit;

After this try to login with SAP* and DDIC with the passwords which you are given during the installation, if you get the result as name/password is incorrect then you user pass for SAP* and 19920706 for DDIC( only in case if you get error).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to reset the SAP* and DDIC user password without restarting the SAP system.

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar parameter value is set to 1 in my system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

after setting parameter value 0 u have to take restart of server ..

to make changes in server you have to take restart

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

If you the know the password of SAP* user who is locked, use only the below sql stmt.

SQL> update table <schemaowner>.usr02 set uflag=0 where mandt=000 and bname='SAP*';

SQL>commit;

(This statement unlocks the user SAP* and since you know the password you can login and unlock other users)

OR

If you dont know the passwords of locked users try the below

At SAP Level

First you need to check the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar value is 0 or 1.(Set to 0)

Restart the SAP instance and check the parameter changed to 0.

At Database Level

SQL> delete * from <schemaowner>.usr02 where bname='SAP*' and mandt=000;

SQL> commit;

(This delete sap* user from 000 client)

Now you can login with SAP* with password PASS in 000 client and can create or change password or lock any user.

Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use the below procedure for to solve the issue.

1. Login into SQL

2. Then type

SQL>delete from <schema name>.usr02 where bname='sap*' and mandt='000' ;

3. After the above command type as follows....

SQL> commit;

4. Login into sap level...with the help of sap* and password pass

5. Then reset ddic password.

To find the schema, perform u201Cenv | grep schemau201D as ora<sid> user. at unix level....

With Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on windows server and as its a production server we don't want any kind of restart......when I checked the instance profile through RZ10 I couldn't find the login* parameter.

If this parameter is not present in my instance profile, what will be its default value.

Will I be able to login the system using sap* and pass after executing the SQL command (without restarting the instance).

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

If your OS is unix please check env |grep schema that is SAPR3 you use below command from SQL prompt "delete SAPR3.USR02 where BNAME='SAP*' and MANDT='000';"

env |grep schema is SAPSR3 you use below command

"delete SAPSR3.USR02 where BNAME='SAP*' and MANDT='000';"

If it is Windows OS just execute ENV from command prompt.

*Then restart SAP and login with "SAP" and password is "pass"**

then you can change DDIC password from SAP level.

Regards,

Krishna Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

Log on to your operating system as user ora<sid>

sqlplus / as sysdba;

Delete from usr02 where bname = 'SAP*' and client = '000';

It will reset the password of sap* as pass

Also make sure that the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is set to 0,check this in rz11 and if it is 1 change back to 0

You will be able to login using sap*,then you can change the password for ddic user in 000

Let me know of any issues

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

mandt not client

Ash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Delete from usr02 where bname = 'SAP*' and client = '000';

I have one doubt ,do I need to use only usr02 or SAPSR3.USR02?

I checked my instance profile I could not find the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar . Should I 1st set this parameter ?

Can I unlock DDIC user from database level?

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes Prasahant try with sapr3..usro02

check that parameter in RZ11,go to rz11 and type the parameter and check its value,the default value is 0

Rohit