Did you mean: 

partial qty reversal of PGI

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

We have a business requirement to reverse the partial quantity after PGI

Means delivery is 10 units--picking is 10 units--pgi is 10 units

The requirement is thro VL09 we need to reverse only 5 quantities out of the 10 PGIed

According to my knowledge

It is not possible

We have to reverse the entire qty and then delete the delivery and create a fresh delivery for 5 units

I would like to know is there any way out without going thro the standard process?

Note This issue was searched by me in the forum and couldnot find any relevant threads or answers and hence posted

Waiting for the opinions from all the members

Regards

Raja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i agree with you. when you reverse a transaction, you are in effect cancelling it. therefore, after reversal you re-create the transaction.

if the client does not wish to reverse the entire amount and re-create transaction, i would suggest the following:

1. just create a returns order for the quantity to be reversed, or

2. define a returns transaction that upon posting goods receipt, the goods are posted to unrestricted stockes, if this is the requirement (this can also be the basis of a report that analyzes such transactions)

regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

Doing partial PGI Reversal and partial cancellation of delivery document is not possible not possible. Instead of that you may have to reverse the PGI document and cancel the delivery document also and then again freshly you need to create a partial delivery of 5units and 5units . If you want to do partial delivery

But why your Business requirement has come to reverse the partial quantity after PGI ,any reason can you let us know . So that we can go with another alternative friend

Regards

Srinath

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No this is not possible. Moreover, I dont know what warrants your client to do this exercise. For whatever quantity you PGId, billing document has to be generated and referencing this billing document, you can create a return sale order and do PGR as already suggested.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Raja

Your understanding is very correct what i want to tell u is that u r not required to delete the delivery just reverse the PGI and go to VL02 and change the qty. to 5 and do the PGI again.

Hope this may help you by creating delivery once again.

Thx.