cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reimport of RFC Model does not fetch data anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The input parameters of the BAPI were changed. When I reimported Adaptive RFC Model used within WD Java application. The BAPI does not seem to fetch data any longer.Although the input parameters passed to the RFC Model are being set correctly.

The BAPI works perfectly fine on the SAP GUI backend when tested using SE37.Has anyone faced similar issues?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Divya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do restart your server after the re-import...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

It seems you are trying to initialize the model instance with TASK_SCOPE in your application development. Check with the default APPLICATION_SCOPE. Refer to the ppt (slide 39) for different possible model instance scope.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/705f2b2e-e77d-2b10-de8a-95f37f4c...

Kind Regards,

Nitin

PS: I assume you have already restarted the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the RFC is working at back-end and not at webdynpro side,then following things are recommended:

1)Restart your J2EE engine server to reflect the changes at webdynpro side after model reimport.

2)If the above doesnt work out, debug your application setting a break-point and find out uptil how values sent from Webdynpro getting passed to RFC and show your ABAP'r if any changes are required at RFC side.

The same case i faced many a times and the problem needed some change in RFC side only.So do discuss with your ABAPr.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a real weird problem. Before the RFC changed everything worked perfectly. Now I have reimported the model or rather recreated the model and I have re-done all mappings and even checked with data being passed to the backend. I now receive a new error -

failed to create or init instance of model 'com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.model.core.Model' in scope TASK_SCOPE with instanceId 'null'

What can be wrong?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Divya

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya

If Input parameter have been changed in RFC ,So After reimport redefine the mapping and check the those node which is executable. If it working fine in SAP GUI it implies that Somewhere mapping has been changed due to change in parameter.

Check your mapping from Model context to the custom controller context, may be its because of a wrong mapping or better solution is delete all those node and define it again.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Was the whole WDJ - RFC Model scenario working fine before the reimport? If so please tell me what exactly has changed in the inout parameters. If a node level has increased you might have to bind and add the model object again.

Regards,

Virag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If ther Input Parameter are changed in the RFC and RFC is re-imported , it should get reflected in

Webdynpro .

I hope you might have Invalidated the Cache or re-started the server.

And Other thing check the mappings , inputs are changed so check the mapping .

and In the Application Coding , May be the Naming of the Paramaters .

Please debug the application , set a break point in the RFC and check whether the

Input are getting and also check whether the output node of the RFC has the values .

murali