cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAN and WAN Bandwidth requirment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

What is bandwidth required (min ,max and avg) in LAN as will as WAN. And how can we measure LAN and WAN speed please of performance, what tools can be used to see sap related data speed on LAN and WAN. when I ping from sap client machine to sap server its shows

Bytes=32 time<10ms TTY=255

Network admin says that time is between 1 to 40 and 20 is also good

Please guide me about that issue

Regards

shahid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

In LAN the bandwidth should be such that, if you ping any internal server it should be from 1ms to 20ms. If it is 1ms then network connection is very good.

In WAN the bandwidth should be such that, if you ping any External server it should not cross 500ms.

In SAP for each transaction it takes 7KB. On that basses you can calculate the bandwidth utilization.

Regards,

Krishna Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I need to calculate the bandwidth for 100 GUI users via Internet WAN to a Netweaver 7.0 ECC 6.0 ERP Application.

Could someone give me a rule of thumb to calculate the bandwidth?

I do not need the responsetime of IP Packages like in the answer above.

best regards,

C. S.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No thumb rules... Your network team should be able to walk you through it... anyhow bandwith these days is very cheap... I think 1Mb link is the usual minimun. but the more the merrier.

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

look at this

[http://www.tutorialsweb.com/networking/wireless-networks/computer-network-planning-and-design.htm]

regards,

Muralidhar