cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Purchase Requisitions created on MRP for one Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A Sales Order has been created with one schedule line and one delivery date. When MRP is run it creates 2 Purchase Requisitions. The material in the Sales Order is a Prepack Material and has a component attached in the BOM. Please advice as to why the order is splitting when MRP is run and also why 2 PR's are created.

Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I also checked OVZG and Assembly type 4 is maintained for 'Assembly: plnd order' and assembly type 3 is maintained for 'Process order, dyn.'.

but as i mentioned above, this happens for a few materials only.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your replies.

There are no planned orders as its not an internal production but out-sourced (a trading good).

When Sales Orders / Contracts are created and MRP is carried out it creates Purchasing Requisitions and at this point the quantity is split.

I feel this cannot be an issue with configuration as it happens only for a few materials.

Thank you & Regards - Kristen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

pls let me know whats the strategy u have maintained for FG?

Also, is this the same case for FG (2 planned Orders ) ?

Regards,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check in OVZG................assembly type........if u maintained .3 or 4. It may be the reason

Dynamic assembly order ---SAP HELP DOCUMENT

If you create a sales order for a material with the 'assembly processing' technique, the system carries out an availability check for the components needed for the assembly. Depending on the results of the availability check, either one or several procurement elements are created. The quantity for a one-time delivery and/or the next possible deadline for a full delivery and/or a delivery proposal with then ext possible deadline are displayed on the availabililty control screen.