Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUIM roles by authorization

former_member299080
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had noticed that in SUIM if you do roles (or users) by transaction,

the list is not comprehensive of who can run a given transaction. As

note 528906 suggests I tried running "Roles by authorization value" and

entered S_TCODE for the object, but the system still does not return a

complete list.

Is there another note that I've missed that addresses this? If I can

avoid having our developer writing a custom report, that would be

ideal.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are trying to find the roles which can execute a particlar transaction then you should use the report Roles by complex selection criteria under SUIM, within authorization object 1 use S_TCODE > enter values > enter the transaction for which you want the roles.

This will give you a acurate report, I have not seen this report failing any time.

Regards,

Subbu

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are trying to find the roles which can execute a particlar transaction then you should use the report Roles by complex selection criteria under SUIM, within authorization object 1 use S_TCODE > enter values > enter the transaction for which you want the roles.

This will give you a acurate report, I have not seen this report failing any time.

Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to see what exactly is missing. The basic difference is when you goto SUIM, Roles, By transaction assignment, it only lists the roles which have the tcode added in the menu. However, if you go with S_TCODE and give the tcode as the value, it checks at the object level.

This is not an issue and is by design. If you say "something" is missing, let us know what exactly is missing so that someone can offer a solution or refer a note.

Regards,

Raghu