cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit item PO with contracts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in SRM550, ECS, trying to create a limit item (bucket of money) but want to release against a contract, is there any way that I can do this?

Thanks,

CS

Edited by: Chinna Swamy on Mar 12, 2009 10:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the objective of your request. Limit SC/PO is similarly or equivalent to contract. Limit PO has a value just like contracts.

Also in Limit PO you are not expected to to confirmation only invoice to expedite the procurement and pay functionallity.

When you create a limit SC :

1- with GR and Invoice

-> PO item category is "D"

System is waiting for a GR through ML81N (either from EBP or ECC)

2- with invoice only :

-> PO item category is "B"

Thanks

Zameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zameer,

I thank you for asking that question about my intention to do with Limit item. Let me explain,

What kind of SC/PO I can create if I am not sure about a piece of work, classic example is you have a big piece of equipment for repair, which might include unknown scope of materials and services. All I know is that I need to use vendor 1234 and release against a contract.

How can I achieve this? and on the previous note, why can't we create a limit PO (not SC) with ref to a contract.

Thanks,

CS

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi CS,

For eg if you have value contract (SRM - local) for tht material group and vendor 1234 . In the limit SC you may find a folder called Contract instead of source of supply and but you must put confirmaion for limit sc .

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

Thanks for your reply, you replied for my previous threads too, I appreciate it. But I am trying to create a limit PO from BBP_POC, standalone PO and trying to use a contract for this, but I don't see any contract field in the line item details of the PO when I select limit, that's what is my issue now.

Thanks,

CS

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi CS,

Are you sure contract is existing for that product category with that vendor combinations?

generally Limit PO itself like contract but however SAP has some facility to refer a contract,

check validity of your contract again.

but in r/3 this type of facility is not available.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are several contracts with that product category, in fact, if I create a SC and release against a contract on a limit item, on the PO, I can't even see the contract field in the line item details of the PO.

Thanks,

CS

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

So you did not mention any vendor in the limit sc since you are planing to refer a contract .

gimme some time. get back to you later with possible solution.

FYI..

SAP Note 1105690 -Error when adding item from contract during confirmation

SAP Note 1022594 -Unable to add service item from contract during

confirmation

SO CONTRACT REFERENCE IS POSSIBLE IN LIMIT SC

regards

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Muthu, Contract ref is very much possible from SC, and it will create a PO with Limit item, and at the time of confirmation you can use this contract line items to receive the services or you may enter other lines of services without any ref to this contract.

But, the PO generated by this kind of SC has no contract details on the line item of the PO in basic data tab.

Secondly, when you try to create a standalone PO (BBP_POC) with limit item, and go to line item details, you can't see any contract field, so in other words you can't use contracts at all.

So, my question is if I am using contract ref on SC which is creating a Limit (service) PO, why the contract is not shown on the line item of the PO and why can't I reference the contract if I am creating the standalone PO.

Thanks,

CS

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi cs

SAP Note 1140496 -Searchhelp does not return contract item number in limit SC

SAP Note 1136376 -BBPSC02: Contract visible for 'invoice only' limit items

Symptom

You create a limit item. In the contract tab of the item details, you

select a local contract from the searchhelp. The item number of the

contract is not transferred.

regards

Muthu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you referring to the ability to create contract limits.

In the backend erp system, provided you have the fields enabled in the mm - external services configuration, you can create a limit for a contract.

This restricts you to enterring only services for that contracts. You can also restrict or allow the ability to change the price on the contracted services. You will need a sap note to allow this.

This functionality does not exist using SRM shopping carts but i am sure you could enhance the screen and BAPI's to allow this.

If you are reffering to the ability to automate a limit, you can do this by a contract... not a global outline agreement using product category / material groups automation.

Regards,

Tim