cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Specifications not copying to Spool request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I need help on a pecular issue which i am facing. Recently we have moved to ECC 6.

In the 4.7 version, when we create a batch job, at each step we give in print specifications / Parameters like Output device, Recipeint name, Title, Dept etc., and the jobs run on a periodic session, so when the spools get created all this info from the Print parameters are in the spool request.

Now in ECC we have maintained the same way, and the Id that runs the Batch jobs in its user settings has the Ouput immediately and the Delete after ouptut unticked as in the old system.

The issue is when we run our batch jobs, the print specifications are not getting carried forward to the spool requests, and more over if we maintain in the print specification to output immediately for certain steps, it does not print immediately.

I did dig into this issue, and from the steps if we go to the Print Specifications > Properties > Specifications, in this screen if i copy for each step their settings then the print parameters are working fine and the spools are generated accordingly.

This is going to be a tedious task, as i will have to update more than 200 steps with this fucntion, and that to from the ID which is running the batch jobs. And i will not be given access to this.

So i did try and delete the settings maintained in the specification, and it still does not work.

I have done a lot of R&D on this, for some time and cannot come up with any correct answer.

Is there any settings that i can do to get that maintain settings disabled, so my print specifications will get copied to the spool requests.

Or any one has a better idea on how to go about this.

DO let me know, as it is a rather frustrating issue which i need to get done.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Applied OSS note 1174095 and the print parameters were working good.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Applied Oss note 1174095, to resovle the issue