cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign CAT ID to a single vendor in ppomv_bbp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a problem: in SRM 3.0 I was able (with tx PPOMA_BBP) to assign Cat id values to diferent Vendor (imported from Backend SAP).

In SRM 5.0 (with Tx PPOMV_BBP) the CAT ID attribute value seems to be only assigned to a Vendor Group (that may contain different Business Partners referring to different Vendors).

How Can I assign different CAT ID attribute values to different Business Partner (refferring, e.g. to tha same Vendor Group)?

Hi

Thanks

Max

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other way is to create Vendor group per Catalog or per combination of catalogs and assign Vendor to the Vendor Group associated with the catalog. (Grouping based on access to catalog)

Eg:

Create VG1 for CATALOG1 and assign Vendor1 to VG1 so that he can access only CATALOG1

Create VG234 for CATLOG2, CATALOG3,CATALOG4 and keep Vendor2 in VG123 so that he can access 3 catalogs.

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure, but you can check by creating multiple nodes under ppomv_bbp. This would allow you to group vendors under different node and you can assign, catid as per that. In which scenario are you planning to use vendors for catalog access.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

We're going to upgrade from SRM 2.0 TO SRM 5.0 ; during the upgrade we'll have to create (using the appropriate Report) the root regarding the SRM Vendor (so we will have an automatic creation of Vendor Groups).

What you're telling me it seems to be a 'step behind' in terms of parameterization of SRM .

If i've well understood your answer, you're telling me that I should create a number of vendor group equal to the number of Vendor which must be able o connect to an electronic catalogue.

The scenario is the Service entry registration (performed by a Vendor picking up Itmes from a catalog) for limit PO'S created in the Backend system after the approval process (of limit SBs) performed in SRM.

Thanks