cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error after deploying the TutWD_FlightBooking Example

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I have imported the "TutWD_FlightBooking Example" in the SAP Netweaver Developer Studio.

After deploying it i receive the following Error:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type com.sap.tut.wd.flightbooking.model.types.Testrun could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: 'WD_FLIGHTBOOKING_RFC_METADATA_DEST' not properly defined! Unable to create Metadata connection for Dictionary Provider. Either the logical System Name 'WD_FLIGHTBOOKING_RFC_METADATA_DEST' has not been properly defined in the System Landscape Directory, or you are not using a MsgServerDestination (AppServerDestinations are not permitted for Metadata connections)

What must i do to solve this problem ???

In the SLD i have defined the WD_FLIGHTBOOKING_RFC_METADATA_DEST

After Test the JCO Connection in the SLD the message

"Connection for WD_FLIGHTBOOKING_RFC_METADATA_DEST was sucessfully tested with BCUSER" appears.

best regards,

Erich Spannbauer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erich,

Did you configure the Content Administrator? After deployment you need to set the metadata destination and the application data destination.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karin,

thanks for your quick answer.

But what do you mean with "Set the metadata destination and the application data destination" in Content Administrator ?

I have created the necessary JCO-Destinations in the Web Dynpro Content Administrator. Did you mean that ?

Best regards,

Erich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erich,

You need to set the metadata destination as MessageServer destination, not as AppServer destination (that is what the error message says: "AppServerDestinations are not permitted for Metadata connectionse"). Could you please check again?

Best regards,

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karin,

thank you again for the fast answer,

when i set the metadata destination as MessageServer destination and test it i get an error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception:(102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed ...

And after deploying in Netweaver i got:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDTypeNotFoundException: type com.sap.tut.wd.flightbooking.model.types.Testrun could not be loaded: com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: failed to create provider: null

what is the reason of the error ?

best regards,

Erich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erich,

the connection test must not fail in the WD content admin. Please recheck the connection parameters you defined.

The WD exception you get is a consequence of the missing (non working) metadata connection.

Best regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

i checked the parameters again and i think there is no wrong setting.

When i test the JCO-Destination i get following error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed

Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=hok GROUP=loggrp R3NAME=BSP MSSERV=sapmsBSP PCS=1 Location CPIC (TCP/IP)

on local host with unicode ERROR service 'sapmsBSP' unknown TIME Tue Aug 10 11:20:09 RELEASE

640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 515 DETAIL NipGetServByName2:

service 'sapmsBSP' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 29

Do you have an idea how the problem can be solved ?

Best regards,

Erich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erich,

do you have an entry in the file %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\services? There should be something like "sapmsBSP 3600/tcp". The port number is of course different for your system.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your quick answer.

On the PC where the "Sneak Preview WAS 640" is running is the "services"-Entry: sapmsJ2E 3601/tcp

On the PC where the "SAP Web Application Server 6.20 Test Suite" is running

is the "services"-Entry: sapmsBSP 3600/tcp

Is it correct ? I think so.

Best regards,

Erich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erich,

you'll need an entry in the services-file on the PC which tries to connect to the ABAP destination system. It's quite comparable as you'd try to use SAP GUI for creating a connection to that system (the JCO middleware uses these entries too).

So, easy spoken, if you are able to connect with a SAP GUI you should be able to build a connection via the Sneak Preview WAS 640 also (because of the similarities in the middleware processes).

So i suggest to add a "sapmsBSP xxxx/tcp" entry to the PC1 services file and try it again. This entry must also be part of the connection definition in SLD.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

thank you once again for the fast answer.

I added a entry in the services-file: sapmsBSP 3600/tcp

But now is the error:

... ERROR Group loggrp not found TIME Tue Aug 10 14:53:29 2004 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT LG VERSION 5 RC -6 MODULE lgxx.c LINE 3512 DETAIL LglGroup COUNTER 5

The Logon Group has a assignment to the instance of the

MiniWas620 in Transaction SMLG.

Do you have one more idea ?

Best regards,

Erich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erich,

puh, i'm taking a deep breath first Did you use "loggrp" or "LOGGRP" for the groupname of the connection properties?

As far as i remember, this entry is case-sensitive in the ABAP system, so "loggrp" isn't found, if "LOGGRP" is meant.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Stefan

Message was edited by: Stefan Klensch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

thank you again and again ...

I wrote all in small letters. When i set it to big letters than the error is in big letters too.

I tried in SMLG on the Tabstrip "Attributes" the "Test"-Button (in Field "Instance-dependent").

But the result is a error:

Internal error (SIMULATION:INACTIVE_SERVER)

Message no. RZ783

Is that the reason of all evil ???

Best regards,

Erich.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erich,

i give up This is definitely something for the ABAP basis cracks out there. Maybe you post the last one as a question in the ABAP forum.

Or does anybody else (maybe Gregor have another idea?

Best regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erich,

did you get it to work finally? Any help in the ABAP forum?

Best regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Until now i had no answers for my question.

I give up too ...

Thanks a lot for helping.

Best regards,

Erich

When i have a solution for the problem i post it here ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erich,

as i've seen, you posted it in the Web AS General Forum, did you try it in the ? Since this is an ABAP basis-related question, the chances might be better to get help there.

Anyway, don't give up, somebody should really know this

Good luck

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get the solution ?