cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode FTP File (Sender) Failing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to do file content conversion on a unicode tab delimited file. I have been reading posts on NFS mounts and the File Encoding settings, but I am using FTP. I also thought it said that FTP should be UTF-8 by default. Not sure where to go next.

My error is at the Adapter...

Conversion of file content to XML failed at position 0: sun.io.MalformedInputException

My file contains Ukranain data. It is being saved as unicode after the business user creates the spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel. Here is sample data:

Internal IT - STL 1000106 "LAVOR,BUTTER,NAT,BUTTERBUDS,BTRBASE 100" 14.00 1270

Internal IT - STL 1000107 Масло Олейна подсолн. 5л (3 бут в упак) 99.00 1210 BX

Does anyone know how I can get this type of file into my FTP File Sender CC without causing the ...Malformed... error?

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you try using File encoding?

Go to the option -

File Type

Specify the document data type.

Text

Under File Encoding, specify a code page.

The default setting is to use the system code page that is specific to the configuration of the installed operating system. The file content is converted to the UTF-8 code page before it is sent.

Permitted values for the code page are the existing Charsets of the Java runtime. According to the SUN specification for the Java runtime, at least the following standard character sets must be supported:

u25A0       US-ASCII

Seven-bit ASCII, also known as ISO646-US, or Basic Latin block of the Unicode character set

u25A0       ISO-8859-1

ISO character set for Western European languages (Latin Alphabet No. 1), also known as ISO-LATIN-1

u25A0       UTF-8

8-bit Unicode character format

u25A0       UTF-16BE

16-bit Unicode character format, big-endian byte order

u25A0       UTF-16LE

16-bit Unicode character format, little-endian byte order

u25A0       UTF-16

16-bit Unicode character format, byte order

Note

Check which other character sets are supported in the documentation for your Java runtime implementation.

Also try the encoding as KOI8-U

http://www.experiencefestival.com/koi8-u_8_bit_ukrainian_character_encoding

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

went another route with process

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you save it with Excel, it is not UTF-8. So try UTF-16 instead.

As the first character cannot be read, I assume that the file starts with a byte-order-mark (BOM), that could indicate UTF-16.

Regards

Stefan