cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP and Blocked Storage Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running SAP LE WM module for warehouse activities. There are certain items stored in the Damaged Storage type. When a new sales order is placed the ATP see the item as available for picking and delivery is created for the item. In reality it is a damaged item and should not be picked.

Does any one know a way to block the storage type (or storage bin) in such a way that the ATP does not check for blocked the storage type (or storage bin)?

Thanks

Tejas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello friend

blocks can either put at the Bin level or at the Storage type level.

Bin level

Goto LS02 and activate the flag for Removal block WRT that bin of the storage type and warehouse number

Storage Type

Acivate the flag for the field Block upon Stock removal under the following path WRT warehouse number and Storage type

SPRO>Logistics Execution>Warehouse Management>Master Data>Define Storage Type-->

Block upon Stock removal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhasakar,

It will indeed block the bin from stock removal but at the time of order entry, ATP will still consider the blocked bin as available inventory and a delivery will be created (in the automated run). We are looking for a soultion that ATP will consider the blocked bin/storage type as inventory not available for picking.

Thanks

Tejas

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the item is damaged, then why cant you put the item itself as blocked stock?

In transaction MIGO or MB1B (for transfer posting) use movement type 344 to change from unrestricted stock to block stock in the same bin.

When the stock is in blocked status, the availability check will not consider the stock depending on the setting in transaction OVZ9.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is what I have asked Warehouse personnel to do. They have more than 100 items and they will have to 344 for each of these items. Since they receive these items into the return storage type we thought if we can block these materials at storage type/bin (and stop ATP as well).

Thanks

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cant the movement type be assigned automatically when this goes to the damage storage bin, so that it does not show up in the ATP run.

Regards,

Bharati

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also very interestested in this topic, as we have a warehouse location specifically for products returned from customers which have to be reprocessed.

By reprocess I mean they have to go trough certain processes before it can be made available for sale again (or discarded)

I wonder if by blocking this items they won´t be available to be "consumed" in a given reprocess process order.

Also, I tried changinf the parameters using the OMIR transaction, but the returns location's stocks keeps showing up in the MD04 output. I read that by changing the setting using OMIR the stock would not be counted towars the MRP, but It that's still happening, messing up with my planning.

I would really like to see how I could make an entire warehouse storage type as not available for sale, so I hope someone could shed some light upon us.

Best