cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file based trans...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I want to do file based transport of an interface which is in development system.I just need few clarification like what i am doing is right or not.

Q1.When i import the tpz file do i require to create the sender and receiver communication channels manually in every environment?

Q2 Is there any rule that only IR objects or ID objects (tpz files)need to import first?

Q3 Is it enough to activate only ID objcts after importing tpz files?

Q4.What is the eazy way to export to other environment,bcoz i feel export is very confusing?

Q5.Is it require to activate objects after importing into production.

Plz help me with the answers!!!

Regards,

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

> Q1.When i import the tpz file do i require to create the sender and receiver communication channels manually in every environment?

No,you dont have to create a sender & receiver CC; but you do have to adjust the configuration data to match your system landscape.

> Q2 Is there any rule that only IR objects or ID objects (tpz files)need to import first?

No

> Q3 Is it enough to activate only ID objcts after importing tpz files?

You have to activate ID objects only

> Q4.What is the eazy way to export to other environment,bcoz i feel export is very confusing?

Transport using CMS is easier than the File based.

For More info, check : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a8/5e56006c17e748a68bb3843ed5aab8/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Pooja Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information pooja. I have one more question--

Can i transport the objects of IR and ID from dev to quality and to production, then finally start with adjusting the configuration of the communication channel i every environment manaully ?

Regards,

Suresh.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the transport path is

DEV -> QA -> PRD

you can do the same and then manually make changes to the CC.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Friends,

> I want to do file based transport of an interface which is in development system.I just need few clarification like what i am doing is right or not.

> Q1.When i import the tpz file do i require to create the sender and receiver communication channels manually in every environment?

> Q2 Is there any rule that only IR objects or ID objects (tpz files)need to import first?

> Q3 Is it enough to activate only ID objcts after importing tpz files?

> Q4.What is the eazy way to export to other environment,bcoz i feel export is very confusing?

> Q5.Is it require to activate objects after importing into production.

>

> Plz help me with the answers!!!

>

> Regards,

> Suresh.

1. You can transport both IR and ID objects. Only thing concerning CC is that you might have to manually change the parameters like server name, user id password etc since for QA it might be different than Dev.

2. There is no rule as such But preferably IR goes before ID (a logical way)

3. Only ID objects need to be activated

4. Depends. You can export a whole SWCV, namespace or individual objects. Its a choice for you to make depending on your setup

5. ID needs to be