cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ws adapter only works with ABAP system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I am working with PI 7.1. We have used ws adapter where the corresponding sender or receiver is ABAP system. Now we're trying to use ws sender adapter from Java.

So ws CC and sender agreement is configured, wsdl is generated. In NWDS CE 7.1 we imported the wsdl, however when we tried to generate web service client from the imported wsdl (from context menu), we got error:

IWAB0399E Error in generating Java from WSDL: WSDLException (at /wsdl:definitions/wsdl:portType/wsp:Policy): faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Encountered unexpected element 'Policy'.:

WSDLException (at /wsdl:definitions/wsdl:portType/wsp:Policy): faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Encountered unexpected element 'Policy'.:

at com.ibm.wsdl.util.xml.DOMUtils.throwWSDLException(Unknown Source)

Why is that? does it mean ws adapter only works with SAP ABAP system? Anybody used ws adapter with non-abap sender?

Thanks

Jayson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I attended a workdhop conducted by SAP. This was one of my questions. The answer was "WS adapter can be used to integrate any Webservice/client that supports WSRM protocol. So what you need to check is that, if your Java system supporets WSRM protocol or not.

Regards

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

I also thought that ws adapter support any ws with RM. However why NWDS CE 7.1 can not generate the ws client?

Anybody has the answer?

Thanks

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any solution for this. I also have a communication with my sender as a java application and receiver as IDoc in ECC. We need to have Reliable messaging setup. Can we use WS-RM??????

Regards,

Siddhesh S.Tawate

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WS adapter is designed to work with the Web Service Runtime of the ABAP stack. If you want to expose a web service from PI, you must use SOAP Sender adapter.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

thank you so much for your information. However do you have any official SAP statement saying that? I need to have some kind of proof to show the high-level manager about this.

Do you also mean that the receiver of ws CC must be also ABAP system?

We basically can not use soap adapter, because RM is required in our scenario which is only supported by ws adapter, not soap adapter.

Thanks

Jayson

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly, as said by Jai, WSRM is not a platform specific specification. It depends upon your client whether it supports the protocol or not. Java based clients would also be supported. For this you may check the WS-RM specifications available on google and recheck your client implementation.

Regards,

Prateek