SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISU Billing - Rate Design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Are there some guidelines to map the billing requirements into Rate Design?

For eg: Based on the requirement how one shall decide what could be the Billing Classes, what could be the Rate Types etc...

Thanks,

BP

-

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Rate type + rate category is used to determine the Rate in the schema ( Tcode EA87).

2. Billing class is used to determine if the customer belongs to the residential or non residential class.

3.It is a validation which takes place at every step to ensure the customer classification and hence the correct rate applied to the customer.

4. Billing class is assigned in the installation ( tcode -ES32) and it is also assigned to the rate category ( EA54).

So you use one billing class say 0001 for all your residential customers and 0002 for all non residential customers . This ensures that the correct rate gets picked .

Regards,

Ashok Chauhan

0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Thanks for the response. Your answer is about the working of rate engine of ISU product which is unfortunately not what I wanted to know. I am pretty much aware of ISU Rate engine elements & how they are related. What I wanted to know is some guidelines & approach in mapping Business Requirements into Rate design elements. What should be the thought process while analysing the Business Requirement and arriving at the Billing Class, Rate Types, Rates etc..

Thanks,

BP

-

0 Kudos

baswaraj,

The entire idea of the whole exercise is the customer gets billed correctly.

that is why you need to put these validations in place. The Billing class as i said is a grouping mechanism where in all the customers for a particular billing class are billed at a particular rate, so you need to keep in mind when you are doing your mapping to assign the correct billing class in the rate category and installation, else your billing will be in error.

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are some basic guidelines when designing ISU Billing Master Data:

Billing Class - usually it represents the customer class: residential, industrial, commercial, wholesale

Rate Category - represents the product that is sold to the customer

Rate - represents a unit of variant programs associated with a charge. For example if you calculate the energy charge for 4 products is better to create only one rate and use it for all 4 products

Schema: it contains the collection of the rates. Best practice is to have one schema for one rate category. This is better for readability of the schema.

Hope it helps,

Daniel Toba

[www.sap-isu.net|www.sap-isu.net]

sap isu community

Edited by: Daniel Toba on Apr 5, 2009 5:34 AM