Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EURO Conversion (SK) - Condition currency - exchange rate determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After EURO conversion in Slovakia, in SD we faced the following issue:

SK Sales Org. sells products, services to HU.

The document currency is HUF, the sales org. curreny is EUR.

The condition currency is EUR, the condition value is in HUF. (It isanual condition. KOMV-KSTEU = C)

During condition value determination system reads EUR/HUF exchage rate - direct reading, instead of HUF/EUR.

I found in note 123298 that is SAP standard operation, because in case of EURO system reads direct exchage rate.

Is there any experince regarding similar EURO conversation problem? Client would prefer indirect HUF/EUR exchage rate reading. (The reason is simple. It has affiliates in HU as well and there is slight differEnce between HUF/EUR and EUR/HUF.)

(Exchage rate type 'M' is configured as inverse.)

All hits & tips are appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,

Anett

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is solved. The problem caused by an incorrect setting in OB08.

Reason:

TCURR table - exchange rate type EURO HUF / EUR was maintained w indirect quote. This setting identifies EMU currency.

If a currency is EMU currency during price determination CONVERT_TO_LOCAL_CURRENCY is read, otherwise CONVERT_TO_FOREIGN_CURRENCY.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinath & Lakshmipathi,

I tested the indirect quote as well. The result is the same, system applies EUR /HUF exchange rate.

I think the background is the following logic:

- company currency: EUR

- document currency: HUF

- condition currency: EUR again.

I debugged, pricing determination, the local and foreign currency is the same, moreover it is hardcoded that in case of EUR it is a direct reading in program LV61ATOP, direct read in case of EURO s hardcoded.

I clarify the alternatives with the clients, after coming back to share info, and continue or closing this issue.

I really appriciate your support.

Rgds,

Anett

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anett

In OB08 , maintain exchange rate type M and maintain the exchange rate for indirect quote .Then it is possible to meet your requirement as you are maintaining exchange rate for indirect quote. But i am not sure about the outcome.

Let me know the outcome , if you have worked on this input

Regards

Srinath

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to ob08, select Exchange rate type M and maintain the exchange rate for Indirect quote instead of Direct quote and try.

I am not sure on this outcome; you have to try.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi