SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDM - cumulative readings - problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am mapping the following scenario in EDM

MRI is sending the daily cumulative reading. This reading is uploaded to an EDM profile. The profile has been created with cumulative value indicator enabled (interval length - One value each day), so that the readings are considered as cumulative readings rather than balancing readings. But when i am doing the billing, the system is not considering the reading as cumulative but as balancing reading.

eg

date READING

31/01/2009 - 150

01/02/2009- 200

02/02/2009- 230

03/02/2009- 270

04/02/2009- 280

05/02/2009- 310

System is considering the consumption for the period 01/02/2009 to 05/02/2009 as 1290(200230270280310). Actually the consumption should have taken as 310 - 150 = 160

(The RTP interface has been created with LIMIT02 with the result parameter as SUM of quantity above zero.)

Please guide me where i have wrong.

Thanks in advance...

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this Interval meter? If so, the calculation is correct. Interval meter measures consumption based on the Interval length (In this case it day).

If not interval meter, why do you take this reads into your profile?.. You can treat this as normal meter daily metered read where you do not have to have profile.

Please let me know if you need more inof.

Thanks

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

Pls check with cummulative vals check box in the profile header transaction.

with regards

Balaji.J

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the replay

I have create the profile with cumulative val field enabled...Still billing is not considering the values as cumulative, It is considering it as balancing reading.

The register to which the profile is attached is also assigned with cumulative register....

The reading is received from AMR system and the frequency of the reading is daily. Since the interval length is daily, it is been mapped to profile

Thanks a

Edited by: ISU Consultant on Mar 10, 2009 5:54 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Interval Meter measures consumption as per the interval length and your RTP Componet result parameter is SUM.. This is working fine.. I would suggest to check the concumption data coming for you is for each interval or not..This would solve your query..

Thanks

Vinod

0 Kudos

null NA

Edited by: ISU Consultant on Mar 18, 2009 5:44 AM

Edited by: ISU Consultant on Mar 18, 2009 5:44 AM

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response....

As i mentioned earlier ... the reading is coming for example in the following way....

Date Meter reading

10th jan 09 - 1000

11th jan 09 - 1300

12th jan 09 - 1700

The RTP interface, even though i enabled the cumulative val field, is taking the readings as consumption rather than meter reading.

Is there any other setting i required to make to tell the system that the values entered to the profiles are readings an not consumption.

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the Device Registersdetails.

What is MR MU (Meter Read Unit of Measurement)?

Thanks

Vinod

0 Kudos

Hi,

The meter reading unit used in register is Kwh...and the Register category used is "cumulating consumption register"

Regards,

Muraliraj