cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh stock for certain customers - Block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

have a scenario, where i have to supply fresh stock to certain group of customers. otherwise, they will reject the stock. If there is stock of 10 kg of batch "feb", am creating the sales order in the month of march, am not entering batch, but qty 10 kg is entered for the material. So anyway this qty of 10kg, batch "feb" is blocked. asssume, this plant will not get any orders in future (i.e in march). In our case stock are moved to plant based on demand from customers. so no stock will be moved to the plant. so how can i supply fresh stock to the customer, blocked qty also will become waste.cannot supply batch "Feb" as its not fresh.

Pls help how to resolve this issue.

Rgds,

Anitha J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i am sure there are many ways to fulfill your requirement, but i thought of the following:

1. if you use automatic batch determination, deactivate this in sales order and activate in delivery.

2. use LIFO in your batch management (please consult MM on this)

3. not sure if you can assign a different classification for batch based on distribution channel but try this: if you will consider the option of creating a separate distribution channel for this special group of customers, do so and assign the classification with LIFO characteristic to your material in the Sorg- DC - Plant combination.

of course, it is always possible that you create delivery but will post goods issue some time later. you will then have to re-determine batch prior to posting goods issue.

hope this helped.

regards.

Edited by: jonathan y on Mar 6, 2009 8:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your help. there is no automatic batch determination in SO. batch strategy is there when we create delivery. problem is, we had created open SO without batch, so that stock gets blocked for this particular customer. stocks in plant get absorbed by diff channels like domestic sales,institutional sales, internal sales. if we dont block stocks, then some other channel will take the stocks, thats the reason we create open sales order. but we dont input batch. our logic was, if we dont input the available batch, then if fresh stocks comes in ,then we can input the fresh batch and the create delivery and do pgi, b'cos we have a deadline of supplying within 23 days and that too fresh stock.

Rgds,

Anitha J

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

found the answer. what we can do is block the existing stock on hand, so that the sales order participates in planning and then fresh stock is supplied.then later on we move stock from blocked back to unrestricted use. or worst case is to change the plant................

Rgs,

Anitha J

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

For time being create a new materail for that and maintain LISTING for those customers only.

Regards,

kishore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i dont understand, why do i have to create a new material. material code already exists. my problem is fresh batch of stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my immediate reaction for this requirement would be pick the batch manually to selected customer (if they are limited numbers) at the time of delivery processing, rather than going for any devp.

regards,

s.k.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

batch avaliable is of the month of feb, if i enter the feb batch, freshness will be lost...........