Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result Recording Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am geting the following ERROR

Value can't be interp. as floating-point number or longer than 22 charac.

Message no. BF020

I have maintain an MICs in the systam as BlankDie,and asigned in the Inspection Plan as my client wants to enter the die size in the Result-Recording.

But when i enter the die size for example: 60/33

I get above error.

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear Ram,

Instead of 60/33 you can enter result as 60by33. As the field is of character (SUMPLUS) type so it may not allow you symbol like '/' .

Regards,

Himanshu Rangappa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Himanshu,

Thanks for your reply,

But yet i get the error even by entering data. 60by33 ok.

ERROR is

Value can't be interp. as floating-point number or longer than 22 charac.

Message no. BF020

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram

Correct me if I am wrong

You always want to enter something like that 60/30 (means your die size or fixed like 60/30 , 29/15 like that)

If your MIC is Quantitative - then SAP will allow to enter either 60 or 30 and it will not allow you to enter 60/30 or 60by30 because these are all consider as Alphanumeric this is not allowed for MIC's.

for this you need to create catalogs1 and code group and codes

Create MIC as Qualitative and select catalog in QS21.

In Qe51N you can select your predifined codes (means your die sizes like 60/30) if you feel 500 - 600 die sizes it is very difficult to select.then ask your business is't it realy neccesarry for single material inspeciton they want to all size or depends material it may wary. if it is vary better to create more MIC based on that you can split catalog code group and code.

otherwise As i said create one code group and code.

or if possible if 1 is equal to 30/60 and 2 equal to 70/50 -- something like that is ok then you can use quantitative MIC --- but I don't think your client will accept this?

this is the only solution

Try this and let me know if you have problem

Thanks

Sami

Edited by: sami sami on Mar 7, 2009 6:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sami,

You are right that its better a maintain the MIC as qualitative instead of quantative and maintain Catalogs 1 and maintain codes and code groups for the MICs and suggestion given by you as there many die sizes(over 500) so split the die sizes in to different MICs is good.

My problem has been solved.

Regards

Ram

Edited by: RAMKUMAR WARIYAR on Mar 9, 2009 9:13 AM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

I have tried hear, It is working fine here, May be your problem is related in Customizing.

As here I have seen the value is stored in QASE table.

Regards,

Himanshu Rangappa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Himanshu,

I do not think its customizing problem.

regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramkumar

I also got the same pop and have posted a thread 2 days before :

I think it is due to system not accepting the decimal places. Kindly post if you solved the same.

regards

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

Result recording is based on specification data you have entered in MIC for quantitative charac. For Die size make correct entry of Unit of measurement in MIC and decimal places, based on that u select lower and upper spec limits. Ensure the correct UOM for die and entry requirement in Result recording.

For ex., If u give 0 to 100 as lower/upper limits in MIC and 60/33 in reult recording will not allow you to enter. make sure of diesize entries with correct UOM.

Regards,

Guna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what r the upper and lower limits and measuring unit you have entered in MIC; If you are entering values like 60/33 ;then because of (this / )you are getting this error please check these points and revert back

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vinay,

I have given an example of die size but like this there many die's and client want maintain die's.may be another way maintain code n code groups of die size but number die are many -nearly 500-600

but do not think its viable .please suggest

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

Check you Control indicators datas and quantitative characteristic datas in Master inspection Characterisitics change mode for Black die.

Regards,

Guna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guna,

I have maintained in the control indicators-->quantitative characters.

the following indicators.

1) Required char

2) Single results

3)fixed scope

4) record measured values

5)print

6)no formulas

is there any setting for maintaining die size

Regards

Ram

Edited by: RAMKUMAR WARIYAR on Mar 6, 2009 12:10 PM