cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying Default Application to URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query. Is it possible to define our application as default to the Netweaver Server URL.

For eg:

http://localhost:50000

instead of

http://localhost:50000/myApplication

Secondly

I have few POJOS in my application and i am trying to access ejb module but it is throwing errors like

".....cannot be resolved to a type".

even though i have added the ejb module to my webapplication classpath.

what possibly could be going wrong here?

Thanks,

Mukul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukul,

Regarding your first question:

Yes, it is possible to do that.

But you cannot have the two applications mapped to / at the same time.

You have to remove the root alias mapping to the default application on AS Java, and then deploy your own application mapped to the root alias.

Regards,

Yordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yordan,

Can you give me more insight into this as in where excatly can we set this root alias. Can you let me know the steps to set it up. I will be greatful.

Mukul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Makul,

Roughly speaking:

1, Check which application is mapped to the root alias (probably com.sap.engine.docs.examples) - you can do this in

• SAP MMC >> AS Java Aliases

• The SAP NetWeaver Administrator >> Configuration management >> Infrastructure >> Application Modules function

2, Undeploy this application - using SAP NWDS, for example.

3, Configure your application to be mapped to the root alias - this is configured in the application.xml deployment descriptor (in the EAR project).

4, Deploy your application.

This should work.

However, please mind that you cannot have two applications mapped to one and the same alias (i.e. the root alias in your case), so do not redeploy the default application, unless you change its alias mapping first.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Yordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I was unable to perform this step:

2. Undeploy this application - using SAP NWDS

can you put some more light on this.

How can i undeploy com.sap.engine.docs.examples???

Thanks,

Mukul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Makul,

To undeploy an application, using SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio:

1, Open the Undeploy View in the SAP NWDS (Window >> Show View >> Other >> Deploy View >> Undeploy View).

This view has two parts - all deployed applications are shown on the left, and the list of application to be undeployed - on the right.

2, Select the application to undeploy (in your case - JEE-APS(sap.com) >> com.sap.engine.docs.examples(sap.com)).

3, In the context menu of the application to undeploy, choose Add to Undeploy list.

The application should now appear in the list on the right.

4, Choose the Undeploy all items in the list button.

This button is located just above the list of applications to be undeployed.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Yordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Yordan,

That worked thanks a lot. I have one more question we have configured LDAP in UME. Is there a way to configure JAAS in netweaver CE 7.1 to authenticate user.

Mukul.

Answers (0)