cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Plants & Locations - Standalone Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am truing to get EBP to run standalone but cannot seem to figure out how to create:

Local company

Local plant in that company

Local storage locations in that plant

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daly

Even if it is a standalone scenatios the FI accounting entries will be in some backend as there can be no accounting entries in the EBP systems. hence the Company, company code and Plant have to be defined in the accounting system as the whole valuation and accounting entries will be in backend.

Regards,

Nimish Sheth

NB - Do reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

o.k. So the idea is that the companies, plants, and locations must be loaded from some system? If I am to run stand alone then I have to write custom data loads to get them defined in EBP? Is there no way to load them in manually (via one or more transactions)?

Thanks for any assistance

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daly,

Company codes are not replicated from the backend ?

Locations are replicated : you can find reports with bbp_get_location*

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes but the bbp_get_location* programs wantto pull the locations, etc. from a backend R/3 system. I want to run standalone and I just want to load the locations (company, plant, storage locations) manually or from a CSV file...is this possible?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daly,

to create:

<b>Local company</b> --> in PPOMA_BBP, flag it as "Company" in "function" tab. It is then available as a company in transaction "Maintain internal address"

<b>Local plant</b> in that company --> use "Maintain Business partner" --> first option --> Business Partner as <location> --> Create. Assign it to the local company in the bottom mapping area.

<b>Local storage locations</b> in that plant --> This is pure R/3 feature. I don't think we can create some local storage loc in SRM.

Rgds

Christophe

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did anybody already succeed in creating local plant 'location) in SRm and using it in standalone sceanario.

I have succeed in creating SRM location in bbpmainint.

Location was mapped to SRM logical system and i entered a location code.

But in extended tab of PPOMA, i got an error "no plant is linked to this value" ??

Any help will be rewarded,

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please provide the details, how to re-produce the error.

Meanwhile, please refer to these links, which might help.

<b>http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/ce/f01cfa73ce4a8895a65c6cd3834605/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/75/fba93e08503614e10000000a114084/content.htm</b>;

Regards

- Atul

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Steps :

1- TA BBPMAININT

Create location

Assign to srm logical backend, company code and plant

2- TA PPOMA_BBP

Goto extended tab

Select location

Select the srm logical system

select the srm location created in step 1

Now you receive error message....

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daly

I'm in the same situation. I wonder if you have found some information about how to create these attributes. if you have it, could you tell me?

Thanks

Ivan Moreno