cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the use of Material Specification ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the use of Material Specification ? where it is used ,normally we used task list which is helpful to assign sample procedure ,Insp.points ,operations etc .But mat.spec is at client level which include only MIC from diff .plants ,please Give details the Scenario which use Mat .Spec.

Regards

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya,

I realy dont know whether this helps your requirement. By material assignement means

1) You can assign one group created in the inspection plan to multiple plants, material, vendor , customer combinations through material assignement

The usage for this is that in some industry specification will be maintained from one plant for a material

for this first maintain

1) QP01, enter

2) enter the plant,

3) Maintain usage and status

4) Goto Operation tab, maintain the control key , Mics etc

5) once you have maintained this come to header

6) Click on Material assignement tab

7) maintain the group counter material & plant

😎 you can maintain as many plant , material combination

Please find some of the links regarding Material assignement

Link: []

Regards

Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aditya

That is not possible as per my knowledge. If inspection standards chages with plants then you must maintain inspection plan.

In inpsection plan if you want to maintain centrally then in QP01 do not enter any material and plant just enter. Maintain all mics and make use of material assignment for the plants, material combination

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

Can u please give in detail,

I created QP01 without mat & plant ,but in next screen while giving usage & status it is asked plant,When I go to mat.assign. it is give eeror msg-Group counter is not defined. Check your entry. for another material.

Regards

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya

"Error msg-Group counter is not defined. Check your entry"

As i undertsnd ,when you have entered status and usage ,system has asked you for UOM.

Then you have clicked on material Assignment.

You have enterd Material,Plant and Vender let's say.

But here you have not mensioned group conter.Assign Group Conter 1 here.

Now assign group counter and enter next entry of material and plant.You can enter again Gr.Cou 1 here.

This will maintain only on task list for several Plant-material-vendor-customer combination.

I hope this will help You

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Hope this thread will help you

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Thanks for Immediate response ,I tested as per Instructions

In Material master Both task list & MAt Spec.Activated,In Res recording it carries Task list MIC as well as Mat Spec Char (of Diff Plants which is not Required )

is it possible I have assigned MIC A ,B,C,D,E,in Mat. spe.

For Plant A when I go to res Rec it show only mic A & For Plant B when I go to res Rec it show only mic B

Regards

Aditya