cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collecting large volume of inbound idocs from SAP to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario in which the debmas idocs are sent in batches of 5000 idocs in one shot to XI. XI updates 3 legacy systems and the whole process causes high CPU Load.

I decided to use bpm to collect idocs and then process them one by one or may be in chunks of 20 or so.

After doing bpm collect by time I noticed that XI is starting a new bpm process for every incoming idoc. How do I make it to collect idocs? I have gone through the weblog/help explaining the collection of idocs based on Time in the system patterns.

Any ideas what is wrong? I have a list in which I append the individual idocs one by one.

Thanks

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use correlation in your BPM. In the properties of this correlation you have to specify what kind of message that should be correlated.

Correlation can be used to avoid the creation of a new instance (of BPM) for every IDOC generated.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Smitha! You solved my problem.

I awarded you points too.

Regards

Ashish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ashsish,

u can create a container object by making the multiline property true and use tat object in ur receive step to collect the idocs.then use a block step inside where u specify the send step bu choosing the current line option,so ur 5000 idocs will be collected in a container and send one by one

u refer to this link for more details

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

regards

jithesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing I am on sp11 so I cannot use idoc packaging in idxpw.

Thanks

Ashish