cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

can we install a Solution Manager and ECC6.0 in a single database(say as oracle 10g)? Is it so how much space is required for this?

Regards,

Suresh Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is possible. Use MCOD and keep atleast 125 GB hard disk with 4 GB RAM. You will need more hard disk space if you are planning to take backups to disk.

You can find more information on prerequisites at

[services.sap.com/instguides]

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

You are right,drilling out more on MCOD i could see we can still go for it.

Suresh please check the below link which gives you more picture of MCOD

[original link is broken]

Let me know if needed more information

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

www.service.sap.com/rkt-solman->select solution Manager 7.0>technical Role-->Technolagy

&system administartion just drill out there you can find lot of simulator how to install and

configure solution manager

also check www.service.sap.com/instguides ->SAP components->solution Manager

I would advise you to install solution manager first and then go for ECC6 installtion

Let me know if you needed more information

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it the production operations you are planning to implement this? if so then SAP doesn't recommand to go for MCOD

If it is only for test purpose then you can.

Let me know if you need more information

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Thanks for u r repply. Yes this is not for any production operations.I wanna test weather its possible are not? Do u have any documents to do this?

Regards,

Suresh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

You wrote:

>Is it the production operations you are planning to implement this? if so then SAP doesn't recommand to go for MCOD

>

>If it is only for test purpose then you can.

>

>Let me know if you need more information

Yes, I would like more information as to where you find this recommendation, as I work on SAP's landscape recommendations, and that is incorrect. MCOD is supported for production enviornments.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

>MCOD is supported for production enviornments

We have recently learned that there is a big difference between what is supported and what is recommended. Think about dual stack systems : it is supported but no more recommended.

I would never recommend MCOD for production systems. It's a way to ask for some trouble.

Other opinions may be, of course, different.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

You are quite correct. As I work for SAP, you will notice in my posts that I am always very careful with the words "support" and "recommend", as the semantics are very important: I do not always have time to make long posts.

In this case, I had to correct a misstatement:

>Is it the production operations you are planning to implement this? if so then SAP doesn't recommand (sic) to go for MCOD

This is misleading, and if I had more time when I made my post I would have explained myself further. Semantically speaking, "recommend" is too strong of a word for this sentence. We do not generally recommend or not recommend MCOD for production environments -- it is a classic case of "it depends". MCOD is supported for production environments (which the sentence above indicates it isn't), and there are certainly cases that you can find where it could be "recommended". For example, if you are implementing a BW system that requires both ABAP and Java, then separate ABAP and Java systems (separate SIDs) installed via MCOD in a single DB could be a very good way to go.

Although technologically the same -- schemas in a DB -- MCOD and dual stacks are very different. I do understand you viewpoint about dual stacks, but there are also those both inside and outside SAP who can and do argue the opposite. The key difference between MCOD and dual stacks, though, is that you are not "married" to MCOD the way you are with a dual stack: systems can both be copied in and copied out of MCOD relationships.

MCOD is just a database technology (separate schemas). Provided your server can handle it, the biggest caveat to me is that all systems must support the same DB version.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for this very informative post.

>a BW system that requires both ABAP and Java, then separate ABAP and Java systems (separate >SIDs) installed via MCOD in a single DB could be a very good way to go.

I did not think before about this possibility : I keep this idea for future use !

I may have strong opinions in my posts but, I never forget and I usually try to tell, that they are just my personnal opinions, seen from my little experience in a single SAP customer site : my company.

Best Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for help. I have successfully installed SOLMAN 4.0 and ECC 6.0 in a single database(Oracle 10g). Its working fine.First I installed SOLMAN later ECC 6.0 . To do this we need to select radio button as MCOD (in Step 2:Database System ) in ECC 6 installation.

Regards,

Suresh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr.Kumar

I am planning to Install Sol Man and ECC 6.0 using MCOD on our Dev Systems. Could you please tell me the optimal configuration that you need for HD and RAM for successful Installation? We plan to go for 400 GB HD, is it sufficent?

Thanks in Advance

Thanks and Regards

Nawaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is technically possible but is it really a good idea ? I don't think so.

You will get too much dependencies between the 2 systems.

Regards,

Olivier