cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG: Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where i am using a multi mapping ( 3 mapping). There are few fields which are present in first mapping and are not used in second mapping but should be used in third mapping ( ie those fields are not present in the second mapping). How can i get these values from first mapping to the third mapping without changing the structure of data types?

Thanks in advance,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using PI 7.1, then you can easily achive your objective by using global variables since you are using multiple message mappings within a single interface mapping.

Thanks,

Subhajit.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siva ,

Just a suggestion..

if you are creating 3 different message mappings...

keep a superset source structure from which mapp say 10 fields to target structure 1..

5 to target 2 so on and so forth....

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sivarama,

Mapping values are not persisted . You cannot use them in the way that values from first mapping are used in the second or subsequent mappings. Mapping program is stateless.

Just a short in the dark i think you could use global variable where values are stored.

Regards

joel

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use PI 7.1 version we can map one source value with more then one target value(in structures) . If you are using below PI 7.1 version also i think we can do why because receiver side three structure (message1,message2,message3). Whatever mapping you have done in with first structure same need to repeat with third structure also.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you say multi-mapping, then it would mean that there would be a single mapping with all the three structures. As you are saying you have three mappings, do you have three mappings for the same interface mapping? Then it would be a multiple mapping scenario.

Isn't it possible to merge two of the mappings into one. Could you explain the use of all the three mappings?

Regards,

Prateek