cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does MI client Patch work For meRepMeta.xml file.

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Every time I create a patch it works fine for JSP & Contollers but it dont replace Views, images & properties files.

Now a new change cameup it happened to make changes to lot of view files including meRepMeta.xml file as there are changes in Sync BO itself.

Can some body advice, does the patch work to replace this or not, else a feasable solution as we cannot reconfigure all the Devices on site.

Your help is much appriciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Sai Krishna. K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Krishna

You can definitely achieve this by creating a Client Installer Patch. Using this patch, you can replace files of any type on the client. All standard patches/addons supplied by SAP is a Client Installer patch. Client Installer has come commands like COPY, EXECUTE etc and these commands perform a specified task. The copy command for example can copy a particular file from the patch to any location on the client. Using this you can replace the meRepMeta.xml file also. For creating a Client Installer addon, you can look into any of the standard addons delivered by SAP to understand the structure. The documentation on Client Installer and a sample install.xml file is available [here|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/46/de964bd6913c1de10000000a155369/frameset.htm]

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Krishna. K,

For the MerepMeta.xml to take effect the client data reset must be performed, I think it is possible to do it by setting a parameter in client installer.

@Siva: Can you confirm this?

Best Regards,

Karthik Setty

Edited by: Karthik Setty on Mar 6, 2009 1:20 PM

former_member339403
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Krishna. K,

the following client parameter needs to be added to the client installer settings file:

MobileEngine.Persist.ResetAllClientData=true

This parameter will perform a client data reset while the client installer is running.

Best regards,

Flo

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Sorry for late reply, but Thanks for your information it worked.

we havent set the parameter but after patch installation we reset the client mannually.

only problem we found is it happens us to have minimum of 3 syncs to get data downloaded onto device after client reset.

is this a normal scenario...?

Thanks & Regards,

Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sai Krishna,

It is normal, not an issue. It sometimes depends on different factors. Generally 2-3syncs are required to get the full data after client data reset.

Regards,

Veera

Additional Non-Conslusive Info for understanding:

Though there is no official wording, and just general recommendation of 2-3 syncs, we can derive (though I cannot term for sure) the general way of working of the sync mechanism from the default value of the below parameter setting. This setting comes when you "Allowing the Creation of Setup Packages" in your server":

Parameter: NO_OF_SYNC_TO_GET_MASTER_DATA

Description:

Optional. Number of synchronization

processes required to download the

initial master data.

Determine the number required by

setting up a test device and checking

the number of synchronizations

necessary for all the data to be

visible following the two initial

synchronization runs (see

Synchronizing for the First Time

). As part of the two initial

synchronization runs, the device ID is

assigned and the application is

transferred. Do not include these

initial synchronization runs in your

calculation. Only take those runs into

account that are used to transfer the

data.

Possible values: Positive integers

Default: 3

Note: I have just copied the table values above from the configuration guide in help.sap.com.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sai Krishna,

As evident from my post earlier in the jscpout thread and Sivas's post here, you can go ahead and create a client installer add on / patch zip file. This functionality is achieved using Mobile Infrastructure Client Installer (MICI.jar which is installed in the MI client folder - it is part of the MI client setup).

You can refer to the install.xml example link given by Siva and me and also extract MI client patch Add on archives/zip files or DB2e Add on archive for more understanding.

This should solve your requirement.

Regards,

Veera