Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to read a ftp file with a specified file name in Proxy-XI-File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have the following requirement:

The end user send a request via the proxy to XI, within the request parameters there is a file name, and the XI need to retrieve the file content from a ftp server with this specified file name, how can I achieve this?

According to my understanding, the file receiver adapter can only write the files to the server.

Thanks and regards,

Bean

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bean,

This can be achieved using a BPM...

you will have to use Two parallel receive steps within a fork...

1. 1st receive step :This will bring the data from the proxy

2. 2nd receive step :according to pipeline step before this step would be executed interface determination would be called withini that you can put a mapping wherin the source and target message type would be as follows

a. source message type ; the file structure that is going to be picked from ftp structure

b.target message type : same structure as source except at top you will add "filename" field

(you cna find on forum how we can get a fielname in the mapping ..in case you dont knw )

3. now you can define correlation on the field "fielname" in both the receive steps provide the hirearchy and structure of data coming from both file and procy are same...

4.. after corelation you can put any steps like transformation ( as you want)

Hope this helps

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This requirement is not possible with XI File Adapter(Sender), since We cannot change FileName convention dynamically for file adapter in sender mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This requirement is not possible with XI File Adapter(Sender), since We cannot change FileName convention dynamically for file adapter in sender mode.

Can I achieve the scenario with a fixed file name?

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with fixed file name you can only pool one particular file which is against your requrirement.

A work around would be you need one more application in between such as a webserver hosting a Servelt, which will take request (which contains FileName from Proxy) from XI and reads the specified file from FTP directory and passes the read file stream as response back to XI. Now it is up to you to where you want post the received response.

Thanks,

- Gujjeti.