cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg:Partner determination for AFS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

What are the configuration to be made for Partener determination for AFS.Pls give me step by step Configuration.

Regards,

T.Murugu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muruganantham,

The partner determination in AFS is same as that of standard R/3.

Do search in this forum for Partner Determination - you can make use of the same for AFS also.

(In SPRO - IMG - SD - Basic Function - Partned Determination: )

Additionally two partner functions JD(Multi Store Order - Distribution Center), JM(Multi Store ORder- Mark For Store), we can make use of this also.

Other than that - all the procedures are same as std R/3.

Thanks,

Venkatesh.S.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Thanks for your reply.I have done setup partner determination .But i have no idea define partner determination for AFS .Here what i have to do?What are the usage of this configuration.

Pls explain.

Regards,

T.Murugu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muruganantham,

I have copied the documentation of that from SAP below..

Hope you might have read that.. If we want to include any partners which is specific to AFS - then we do need to specify that partner here.. It will be mainly used in case of Multi Store order..

I have not explored much in the MSO concept. Sorry for the inconvenience..

As of I know - it will be used only in case of MSO - and we need to include the partner in Define Partner Determination for AFS - only when the partner is AFS specific..

Thanks & Regards,

Venkatesh.S.P

Define Partner Determination for AFS

In this menu option you can enter which partner roles you want to use to map relations between sold-to parties and stores of multi-store orders in the system.

Standard settings

The Standard AFS System contains three partner roles:

Partner role MSO sold-to party (JS)

With this partner role you can enter in the customer master of certain stores a customer who is permitted to order goods for these stores in the form of MSOs.

Partner role MSO store (reserved for delivery) (JM)

You need this partner role if you do not directly send the goods an ordering party has ordered in the form of an MSO to the individual stores, but rather to a distribution center.

If you have reserved stores for further delivery in the MSO order document, the system transfers these stores after the explosion of the MSO I or II document with this partner role to the single delivery or order documents.

Partner role distribution center

You need this partner role if you want to flag your MSO ordering party or one of the stores as a distribution center.

Activities

You can use a separate partner role for MSO ordering party, (flagged) MSO store, or MSO distribution center.

You can also extend existing partner roles to additionally use them as MSO ordering party, (flagged) MSO store, or MSO distribution center.

1. For this define your partner role in Sales Customizing of the R/3 Standard System or choose an existing partner role.

2. Enter the partner role here.

3. Assign a partner role indicator to your partner role. Thus you uniquely specify which functions you want to have in your partner role.

Further notes

As soon as you assign an indicator MSO ordering party to a partner role, you activate an additional check procedure. If you manually enter stores in the MSO document, the system checks whether the store is permitted as a ship-to party for the ordering party and whether the ordering party with this partner role exists in the customer master of the store.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vekatesh,

Sorry for the late reply. I have one problem in Sale order creation .I am not able to enter the ship to party in header level as well as item level.

(ie) Sold to party - 0001

Ship to party -0002 When i put the ship to party the following error appear

Ship-to party 0002 can not be used (log)

And also given in item level ship to party the following error appear

Top node 0001 for ship-to 0002 not maintained or ship-to is not valid Where we check?

Regards,

T.Murugu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muruganantham,

Please check whether you have maintained the ship-to party in sold-to party master data..

Say Sold-to Party is x and Ship -to Party as y.

In the customer master record of x - check whether you have assigned ship-to party as 'y'

In the customer master record of y - check whether you have assigned sold-to party as 'x'.

Please check it once.

Make sure that your partner determination procedure for a sales doc. hdr and item is properly maintained.

It will work.

(The issue is because of the account group you have chosen to create customers..

Use tha account group 0001 - to create sold-to party

and 0002- to create ship to party)

Thanks,

Venkatesh.S.P

Edited by: venkatesh paulraj on Mar 10, 2009 7:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

I Check all settings,every thing is OK.But problem is not solved.Same error appear.

What i have to do?

Regards,

T.Murugu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muruganantham,

Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master - Please check whether you have assigned partner function to account group and also ensure that you have assigned partner determination procedure to the account group.

Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header - Please check whether you have assigned your partner determination procedure for the sales doc. type.

(We have also faced same kind of problem at our initial stage - we have done the fol to rectify the same)

I would suggest you to do the following..

Create a new sold-to party using the account group 0001 and ship-to party using the account group 0002.

Create a new sale order.

The partners will be determined properly.

Note: Create a new customer - don't use the already created one nad try again.

It will work.

(Please update/close the thread if your issue resolved)

Thanks,

Venkatesh.S.P

Edited by: venkatesh paulraj on Mar 12, 2009 5:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Problem is not solved.But again checking all setting.Thanks yours consequence replies.

Regards,

T.Murugu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muruganantham,

We have faced the same problem.

Do create everything newly.

1. Create new Sold-to Party using the account group 0001

2. Create new Ship-to Party using the account group 0002.

Then do create a sale order.

Please try it once.

This is what we did to solve the issue. That is why I am asking you to do the same..

Please revert if you get a solution..

Thanks,

Venkatesh.S.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

I created a sold to party in 0001,But ship to party is no there there is only goods recepient 0002 .I have some doubts 1. Is Goods recepient similar to ship to party? 2.I have not done AFS partner functions.Only i have done Set up partner function only.3.Is there any link between AFS partner functions and Setup partner functions.

Pls reply

Regards,

T.Murugu

Edited by: MURUGA ANANTHAM on Mar 12, 2009 3:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muruganantham,

Please create Ship-to party using the account group 0002(Goods Receipient).

If you want to include AFS partners in your partner determination procedure, then only you do need to consider AFS partner functions..

In your case -You need to do setup only in Set up partner function.

After creating sold-to party and Ship-to party, try to create a new sale order..

Your problem will get solved..

I am appreciating your efforts that you are showing to learn AFS.. All the Best...

Keep learning..

(Muruganantham -Have you resolved that issue - don't forget to update in the forum if that issue gets resolved)

Thanks,

Venkatesh.S.P

Edited by: venkatesh paulraj on Mar 13, 2009 2:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Problem is not solved.The same error appear.I think any configuration is missed.So again i want to check.If i solve the problem inform you.

Regards,

T.Murugu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Now i checking all settings,

Set up partner determination for delivery ->Partner determination proc LF-delivery note , the partner function in procedure LF-SH-Ship to party

Not modiafiable and mandat functions are to be grayed (ie) once activated the both do not change the future,What i have to do?

Regards,

T.Murugu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Muruganantham,

Sorry..Sorry...Sorry..

I have told the steps which I had done without mentioning the main steps. That error is a standard error.

So, I had deleted an entry from the table as suggested in the OSS note(note no.. not sure).

(I think your msg no will be: 8W321 - do the following)

Delete the row which has the entries JS 1 from the table J_3ACUPA.

After you delete it - the issue will be solved..

I faced that error before 1 year - sorry took long time to recall that..

Sorry for the mistakes happened from my side..

Delete that entry.. That is what I did.. Definitely it will work .100% sure on it..

(After you get the solution - close this thread)..

All the best.. .Keep learning...

(Waiting for your update to know whether it is solved or not..)

Thanks,

Venkatesh.S.P

Edited by: venkatesh paulraj on Mar 13, 2009 10:05 AM

Edited by: venkatesh paulraj on Mar 13, 2009 10:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Thanks for your valuable reply.My problem is solved.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

T.Murugu

Answers (0)