cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Restore with Brtools

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ,

I try to restore from the disk online backup of our R/3 server using brtools . In brtools i selected 5. Restore and Recovery ,then 1. Complete database recovery options . Now the next screen appears like below i menotioned .

1 - BRRECOVER profile (profile) ...... [initPRD.sap]

2 ~ BACKINT/Mount profile (parfile) .. []

3 - Database user/password (user) .... [/]

4 - Recovery interval (interval) ..... [30]

5 - Confirmation mode (confirm) ...... [yes]

6 - Scrolling line count (scroll) .... [20]

7 - Message language (language) ...... [E]

8 - BRRECOVER command line (command) . [-p initPRD.sap -t complete -i 30 -s 20

-l E]

So how i start the restore , In this screen which parameter i have to give for restore . My backup files are stored in one of the external hard disk which is the drive letter is Z : .

So kindlt tell me .

Regards

Palani Selvan .S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan ,

shalll i start the database in mount state . Shall i start the database startup mount ? Kindly tell me .

Regards

Palani Selvan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is your DB staring?... if it is, just start it as normal... if its not opening just use "startup mount"

Regards

Juan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit ,

Kindly tell me , before run the brrestore command , the database status ruuning or down .

Shall i up the database or shutdown the database ?

Regards

Palani Selvan .S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

While recovering you need to put your database in Mount state, while restoring you are just restoring your log files, etc to the filesystem level and during this you can have your database up.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i can remember your database should be mounted.

Read,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/88/cadaca94734ae5b8ea3491f615741b/content.htm

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find attached link containing few examples.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0d/d3077b4a0c11d182b80000e829fbfe/content.htm]

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit ,

Thanks for your reply . I found the file like beabgscl.and in the backup folder which is located in Z DRIVE . so shall i run the below command from Z DRIVE right ?

brrestore -b beabgscl.and -m full .

Kindly tell me the above command is right ?

Regards

Palani Selvan .S

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes palani just the run command and let me know of any issues.just make sure that the log file you are mentioning here is the latest one and of your backup only

Please also refer to the links that I have given you so that you have a knowledge of what are you doing

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii

hey try running this command:

brrestore -b <log name> -m full

<log name>: Enter the name of the detail log file b<encoded timestamp>.<ext> from a BRBACKUP backup. The requested objects will then be restored from that database backup

It must be something like this 'bcnmhluz.aft '

Refer to the follwoing link for more info

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0d/d308f14a0c11d182b80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Hope it helps

Rohit