cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my report be ok?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If I create a report on universe and then make some changes in the universe, will my report be ok?

Anita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita

When a universe changes, reports based off that universe need to be validated the next time they are opened. If there is no change to the data in the report, the report will open as before. However, if the data has become invalid the report will first need to be fixed before it can be used. Depending on the change this can be done either by refreshing the report or re-editing the query.

If you get a connection error when refreshing a report the universe may have changed in ways that make the query definition in the report unusable (for instance, a nested prompt has been introduced). To fix the report you will need to re-edit the query.

If the universe cannot be found on the Crystal Management Server (this could happen if a universe is not imported correctly) the report can still run by using the Set DataSource Location feature.

To use the Set DataSource Location feature, create a query definition (equivalent to the original one used in the report) using a universe from the CMS. Then set the data source location to this new query.

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Sourashree

Answers (0)