cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Multiple RFC message triggers from SAP ECC 5.0 to XI/PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using RFC_UPDATE_TAXES to update purchase order details related to tax calculations to external system.

I can see multiple messages are triggered from SAP ECC. Can anybody tell me why SAP ECC 5.0 is triggering multiple messages to PI/XI.

Regards,

Venu V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Check if the RFC is has a commit work at record level i.e for each record. This may be the reason for multiple RFC calls.

Thanks,

SaNv...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Clear your queue SMQ1 and try again. Dont forget to use commit work properly in the rfc.

Rgds

joel

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

In order to update the external audit file immediately when saving the accounting document the Transactional RFC is used. When the document is being updated, the function RFC_UPDATE_TAXES_DOC is invoked in background task. In case of a forced update, this is RFC_FORCE_TAXES_DOC.

However, the actual call to the external system only takes place if the R/3 database was successfully updated. In case of an error during the COMMIT WORK, no call to the external system will be performed.

It can be that the update RFC results in an error, for example, when the connection is broken, or there is no more disk space to store the data. The status of the update calls can be monitored with the tRFC monitor (transaction SM58) using the destination name. Calls that were successfully updated will be automatically removed from the list. So, no entries in the list means good news.

For reasons of performance the tRFC calls are serialized using the tRFC Queue. In addition to SM58, the status of the last tRFC call not yet updated to the external system can be monitored with the qRFC monitor (SMQ1). Also here: an empty queue means that all calls were successfully updated to the external system.

Rgds

joel.