SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Management - Automatic Budget Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI -

Does Document type with scenario ' Budget with automatic release' has any significance when the Release scenario is active?

"When I post a budget entry document (FMBBC) with folllowing values , the posted amout is shown under 'Current Budget' but not under 'Consumable Budget'

BCS Value type - B1 Budget

Process - Enter

Document Type - Bud with auto release.

Budget type - Relavent for value type B1.

Document Type with automatic release has been assigned to the Process ' Enter' .

All I wanted to know is when the release is active , How can I post a budget entry which would be released automatically ?

Thanks

Chris

9 REPLIES 9

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

In order to define a release scenario, you have to follow a specific sequence of Customizing steps in the IMG. You first specify that you would like to activate the release functionality in your FM area.

Next you can define exceptions to this rule for a specific fund or fund type.

Then, in the budgeting workbench (FMBB) or in the mass release transaction, you can carry out further manual releases.

IMG -> Public Sector Management -> Funds Management Government -> Budget

Control System (BCS) -> BCS Budgeting -> Definition of Budget Data ->

Budget Releases

Define Release Scenario

Define Budget Types for Release

Define Release Scenario per Fund Type

Define Release Scenario per Fund

Assign Budget Types for Release to Processes

And

Budget Entry ->Budget Entry Documents->Document Definition

Define Document Types

Check the release scenario assigned to the doc type involved

Using the document type you can control the scenario to be supported for a specific fund when you create a budget entry document. You can choose between the following scenarios:

Budget only - only budgeted amounts are contained in the budget document (value type B1)

Release only - only released amounts are contained in the budget document (value type R1)

Budget with automatic release - you create a budget document entering budget values, but the system automatically adds document lines which release 100% of the entered budget. You can use this also for two-sided processes like Transfer. In the specific case of a transfer document (send / receive), the following applies:

For the sender side, the system creates an additional line with value type Release (R1) and process Return.

For the receiver side, the system creates an additional line with value type Release (R1) and process Supplement.

If you use the automatic release function, please note that the maximum amount which can be transferred from the consumable budget is the amount that has already been released.

I hope all these information will be useful.

Best Regards,

Vanessa Barth.

0 Kudos

Hello -

Hello Vanessa -

I have done followig configs for Release:

1) Defined release scenario for FM area

2)Defined Budget type for Release

3) Assigned the process ' Enter" Return and Transfer to the above budget type.

And Defined a Document type with automatic release.

In FMBBC i am trying to post a budget entry with :

Value Type: budget

Document type: Auto release doc type

Bud type: Relavent for value type - budget.

Budget is not getting released automatically. Did i miss any other setting?

Your help highly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos

Hello Vanessa / Eli -

Need help on this issue. Couldnt find any notes relating to this issue.

I am really not able to trace what am missing to have budget automatically released.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos

I have acticated account assignment "FUND" for the purpose of testing multi year budgetting.

Suprisingly, when I post the budget with document type with auto release, system is creating an extra line for release. It is happening even in case of budget transfer also.

can somebody interpret this ?

Thanks

CHris

0 Kudos

Is it necessary to have Fund as account assignment defined in BCS master data for release scenario?

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos

Hi Chris

It is not mandatory to activate funds for the release scenario. If you are not using funds you do not have to customize the activities for fund types or funds in Budget Release. You just have to activate the Release scenario, define the budget type and assigned to process (Enter, Return & Supplement).

In the document type choose the scenario for Budget with automatically release and in the folder "Settings for automatic release" define the processes where it is going to be used (ex. Enter).

So when you create a document in FMBB for process Enter, BCS value type B1, the system will create an additional line for BCS value type R1.

Regards

César

0 Kudos

Thank you Cesar -

Can you think of any reasons why system is not creating additional line items with value type 'R1'.

Below is the config I have done -

I have done followig configs for Release:

1) Defined release scenario for FM area

2)Defined Budget type for Release

3) Assigned the process ' Enter" Return and Transfer to the above budget type.

And Defined a Document type with automatic release.

In FMBBC i am trying to post a budget entry with :

Value Type: budget

Document type: Auto release doc type

Bud type: Relavent for value type - budget.

Budget is not getting released automatically.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos

Hi Chris

Have you update the folder "Settings for automatic release" in the document type definition?

If not, you have to include there the Processes that will use the automatic release (ENTER, RETURN, etc).

Hope this helps you

César

former_member548605
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Chris Farr

can you plz send me config of BCS and process documnet

Regards

Prakash Sharma