cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger BPM from Other BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, how can I do to trigger an X BPM from other Y BPM, I tried just sending the same message that start BPM X from BPM Y but it doesn't allow me?

Any Ideas on how to do this?

Regards,

Pablo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you have configured a Receiver determination and Interface Determination between two BPM's.

Thanks,

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for that.

And what to interfaces should I be using then? Do I need to create any additional one?

Thanks,

Pablo

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create one abstract interface and used it the send step of the first BPM and in the receive step of the second BPM. Create RD and ID between the two BPM with this ABS interface.

Thanks,

SaNv...

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

You consider BPM X and Y as two business systems and configure the scenario. But there will not be any sender or Receiver agreement. The rest of things will be same.

don't think that you are doing something that has BPM just take it as two BS and configure normally it will work.

Thanks

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, thank you all. That did the trick.

One last thing, How do I do to make BPM X wait until BPM Y has finished running to continue with rest of the steps? I reckon I'll have to use some sort of receive message in BPM X and send a reply message from BPM Y once it's done, but I haven't seen any documentation of what steps should be involved.

Thanks,

Pablo.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

You should have a synchronous send step from the BPM X to BPM Y. Once after all the steps of BPM Y is complete send a response to BPM X to continue the remaining steps. The message interface that you use between the BPM's should be an abstract synchronous interface.

Thanks,

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that. Should the sender interface from BPM X be the same as the receiving interface in BPM Y? I'm trying to call BPM Y with a Synchronous Interface but it keeps telling me that the receiving system is not ready to receive synchronous interfaces.

One last thing, do I have to use the SynAsyn Bridge at all or is this something different?

Regards,

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Pablo:

I think you need to use Sync-Async bridge in this situation.

This way, your BPM Y send response message back.

Otherwise, there is no separate sync. receive step for your BPM Y.

Just a thought. You can try it and let us know the result.

Liang

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Should the sender interface from BPM X be the same as the receiving interface in BPM Y?

Yes. Use the same Abstract Sync interface in the send step of BPM X and Receive step of BPM Y.

>>do I have to use the SynAsyn Bridge at all or is this something different?

Yes. You have to open S/A bridge in the receive step of the BPM Y.

Thanks,

SaNv...

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

Just a question ..can you pl let me know why S/A bridge would be required in this case?

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarang,

BPM X calls BPM Y and wait for it to respond with making a sync call. So BPM Y opens a S/A bridge process its steps and gives the response control to BPM X. In simple words you have only two option for receive step either as Asynch or S/A since ours is sync comm we use S/A bridge.

Thanks,

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for all your help, the interface is now working properly.

Answers (0)