cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial no

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

requirement is to enter serial no manually at order level i've serial no profile & made serial no entry in order as mandatory

But in order when i'm trying to enter serial no manually as ABC01

getting error message

No new serial numbers can be entered for material xxxxx (ABC01)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Once the serial number is created and assigned for a material say ABC01 and if u want to give number manually u should start from ABC02.please do check the settings and do give numbers next to the number which u created.

Also check the serch usage in ur serial number profile.also check Equipment required entry in ur serial number profile.standard is 04 and 02 respectively.

Reply bavk if problem persists.

Regards,

Reddyy

Edited by: REDDYY SD on Mar 6, 2009 5:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

ABC01 serial no is not created in the system -while creating order iT WILL BE entered MANUALLY AS ABC01/ABC02 ETC

1 HOW TO VALIDATE THIS 3 CHARACTERS & 2 DIGITS ALLOWED

2. IF ABC01 ENTERED IN ORDER ALREADY EXISTS IT SHOULD THROW MESSAGE ENTER DIFFERENT SERIAL NO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

1st define the serial num profiles in SPRO --> SD --> Basic functions --> Serial num --> Determine serial num profiles.

There you have to determination procedures. For eg select the profile Z001, click on procedures. There you will have to assign procedures SDAU for serial num entry in the order.

If you dont do that, system will not check if serial num are entered in the SO.

Also to do the validation, you need to write the code in save user exit in MV45AFZZ,

In the code you need to read the serial num digits. First 3 digits sernr0(3) shoiuld be only Char value. 3rd & 4th sernr3(2) digits shiould be only numeric.

Explain this code to the ABAPer, he would write the validation logic.

We have implemented a similar logic & it works fine.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ISN'T THERE any standard option to

1 HOW TO VALIDATE THIS 3 CHARACTERS & 2 DIGITS ALLOWED

2. IF ABC01 ENTERED IN ORDER ALREADY EXISTS IT SHOULD THROW MESSAGE ENTER DIFFERENT SERIAL NO.

instead of abap development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Serial num uniqueness is already taken care in the standard SAP. If a serial num is already existing, system will not allow you to re-enter the num again.

Reg the validation, I dont think SAP has that functionality. We need to develop that customization. Standard SAP allows any kind of serial num of alpha numeric value. No specific format is prescribed.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check whether u have entered the serial serial number profile in the material masterdata

Sales:General/Plant view. tab

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i've given serial no profile in matmaster

i'm able to enter serial no manually in sales order

but i need to do validation of serial no entered manually

FIRST 3 must be alphabets only & next 2 DIGITS

ABC01 -MUST BE SERIAL NO ALLOWED

pl suggest